News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

[Scribe, etc.] 42 Project updation

Started by GV, April 12, 2020, 03:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

The details: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UzbMyC8EOgg8J85rIZEY5C44z3Pqbj70dB2UMmZ9OW4/

The summary: A lot of stuff from 2019 and 2020 has not yet been done, but this belies the under-the-hood organizational work on my part that has been happening.  This project began in September 2018, and I can tell you all, we've come a long way.

The coming of the Coronavirus Recession (hopefully not a depression) has put a number of aspects of the 42 Project's completion into doubt, but nothing is certain yet, and nothing has been torpedoed outright.

My Talossan journey has been littered with many good aspects.  One thing I must always work on is not only reaching out and delegating, but looking out and seeing what others are doing and not getting so involved with my own work I become myopic.

The existence of the Talossa Wiki libraries has always been in my mind, but today marks the first time I've really looked at that thing.  I now know the catalog I had intended to make of my own holdings, which was to serve as the master-archives catalog for all Talossa is moot.

Rather, reconciling my stuff with what is already on the Wiki is paramount, and my efforts will shift thusly in this, what I now know will be a forever-project.

I am slightly considering the chucking of the 42 Project and starting fresh, but frankly, I don't want to hose all the good work and buy-in I've enjoyed and done with the 42 Project, which still amounts to my most-successful uber-project in Talossa.

Not all the 2019 Specific Goals for the 42 Project have been accomplished.  Not everything for 2020 and 2021 will be done by 26 December 2021.  But what is being done, what has been done, and what is sure to be done is something that makes me smile.  I am mostly pleased with where we are with the 42 Project.  Hopefully, whatever time I have this summer to get stuff done will result in a lot of work done.

Finally, I've realized what should have always been the goal of the 42 Project: to render the Talossan Royal Archives such that as both Royal Archivist and Scribe of Abbavilla walk away, knowing my own archives, and those of the Kingdom will be in good hands with a system of maintenance that can continue indefinitely and with little fuss.

We're not close to being there yet, but we're a lot closer than we were in September 2018.

As for my immediate-next projects, getting primary sources for the Clarkives along with double-checking Witt XI will dove-tail nicely.  Unfortunately, these particular projects are such only I can make sense of them.

GV, Scribe, etc.