[XHUSTICIĂ] Scribery opening -- want to help out?

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, September 09, 2023, 07:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

MINISTRÀ DAL XHUSTICIĂ

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Scribe Opening

The Ministrà dal Xhusticiă is currently seeking a Grefieir d'Abbavilla.  In this role, you would maintain L'Anuntzia dels Legeux and the Organic Law.  Basically, you just look at the laws that pass and edit the wiki pages to reflect the changes.  It's an important role, but it doesn't require much work.  The only requirements are a small amount of available time, the willingness to serve your country, and some slight familiarity with the law's formatting and customs.  You will always be able to consult with the Avocat-Xheneral's office if you're confused or unsure about something, and an experienced and brilliant deputy ( @Sir Lüc ) who can help you get started.

Anyone who is interested should reply here or PM me.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Bumping this -- we only have a deputy right now, and while it would be fun if we could make Luc do literally all the work, I'm not sure it's fair to him.  Who wants to be Scribe, folks?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

I suppose I could consider stepping into a full time appointment, if nobody else wants a crack at it.

Incidentally, the OrgLaw has been scribed to reflect the ratification of 58RZ13 during the most recent GE.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Bentxamì Puntmasleu

I don't want to bite off more than I can chew and I am liable to make some minor formatting errors (both proper legal format and wiki format). That said, I would volunteer to help out under the direction of the Scribe of Abbavilla when I have the time.
Grefieir d'Abbavilla / Scribe of Abbavilla

Zirecteir dels Afaes Înphätseschti / Director of Home Affairs

Premieir da Vuode / Premier of Vuode

Sir Lüc

While the Minister overseeing the Scribery is (very sadly) busy with personal matters, I just thought I'd bump this so we could hit the ground running later.

I'm very happy Bentxamì offered to serve, so I'll rephrase my offer: I can either accept an appointment as Scribe for a while, and train him as my deputy with the expectation that he'll take over down the line; or I'm also happy staying on as deputy and tutoring Bentxamì as he immediately gets the main job.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

It seems that we're likely to end up in the same place either way, so I hereby appoint Bentxami as Scribe, with thanks for his gracious offer to serve.  I'll make the changes to wiki permissions when I have a chance, and make a fancy appointment post sometime later, but this is official as of now.

Bentxami, thank you.  I apologize that we haven't had time to interact or that I haven't responded yet.  Usually I'm fairly attentive, but my mother died last week and my nana died this past Sunday.  So it's been a rough span.

Luc, thank you as always for your diligence and kindness.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

My goodness @Baron Alexandreu Davinescu , I'm VERY sorry to hear about your mother and grandmother! That will be quite a shock to your emotional state and you are very much in my prayers. Having also suffered the loss of a mother and all living grandparents, I can empathize. I also know that with time their memories will become a major part of your psyche despite the fact that the grief never entirely dissipates. Cherish the moments you shared with them and allow yourself the time to grieve. It is a process and I hope you have loved ones around that can be of comfort. I know when my mom died 15 years ago, my dear wife Chelli was a major help as I moved through it. Please worry about yourself and your loved ones and know that we will be just fine handling things on our end.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Sir Lüc

@Baron Alexandreu Davinescu this is truly devastating news. My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope you can have the time and space to process your grief together with your closest ones.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time: