Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Debate Me, TNC!

Started by Ian Plätschisch, January 03, 2023, 09:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

Do you accept the challenge?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

This would be an excellent time for a challenge. After months of ambiguity, the TNC have nailed their colours to the mast, not only as a Monarchist party, but as a party which wants the current barely-active King retained indefinitely. The Free Democrats hoped that we could make this election an up-or-down vote on this question, and we seem to have got our wish.

A debate would put the arguments before the people to judge. But more importantly, it would demonstrate good faith from the TNC - a chance to prove that, should they get a chance to lead the Government, they will do so with courtesy and inclusiveness, and not simply ignore their opposition (as they've done their best to ignore Free Democrat statements so far). A prospective party of Government who treats their opponents with contempt - considering them wicked, corrupt, not worthy of even talking to - smacks as something from the bad old days of KR1, which might make Talossa intolerable for republican and reformist opinion.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

We discussed it, and it might be possible.  We'll PM you.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Just to keep the public aware:

We settled on terms for the debate.  It's going to be a Zoom debate, moderated by the king.  It'll probably happen later this week, although we're still working out the scheduling (I think probably Saturday). 
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

This is going to be epic. The Seneschal defending the Free Democrat platform to the face of the actual King himself.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

They're letting a biased party moderate?
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Miestră Schivă, UrN

CROWDSOURCING: broad masses of the Kingdom, what questions would YOU like to see TNC and FreeDem representatives answer in the debate? Answer quickly!

Debate just finished. Thank you to the Seneschal for your always helpful attitude and to the king for moderating. I thought it went pretty well and both sides made some good points. We had to break it up into two chunks because of the time limit on my zoom, but I will cut off the setup parts of the recordings and splice them together probably tomorrow or the next day, depending on family stuff. If I can't do it in the next couple of days, I'll just send it to Breneir or Bran, two veteran video editors, to do it.

All set! Ian, should i just share with you on drive?

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on January 16, 2023, 06:48:46 PMAll set! Ian, should i just share with you on drive?
Sure, thanks for putting it together.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

I'll just post it here?

When putting it together, I watched it, and it's kind of funny how jittery and nervous I am about the whole thing. At one point, I even said that "I think I can speak for the Free Democrats," when I meant to say that I thought I could speak for the TNC! I also want to apologize again for not realizing that my zoom account would cut us off at 40 minutes; I should have restarted the meeting right before the debate.

I wish I had the editing chops to blur our names on the video -- maybe that's something that @Breneir Tzaracomprada knows how to do when he puts it up on YouTube?  Please don't just post it publicly somewhere without doing that, folks.

I hope that I at least didn't outright embarrass my party.. I did my best!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KS-VXhSoN1HeovI7L2vnnoXedeJsOVq_/view?usp=drivesdk

I'll take the link down tomorrow, again for privacy reasons.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on January 18, 2023, 06:09:42 AMI'll just post it here?

When putting it together, I watched it, and it's kind of funny how jittery and nervous I am about the whole thing. At one point, I even said that "I think I can speak for the Free Democrats," when I meant to say that I thought I could speak for the TNC! I also want to apologize again for not realizing that my zoom account would cut us off at 40 minutes; I should have restarted the meeting right before the debate.

I wish I had the editing chops to blur our names on the video -- maybe that's something that @Breneir Tzaracomprada knows how to do when he puts it up on YouTube?  Please don't just post it publicly somewhere without doing that, folks.

I hope that I at least didn't outright embarrass my party.. I did my best!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KS-VXhSoN1HeovI7L2vnnoXedeJsOVq_/view?usp=drivesdk

I'll take the link down tomorrow, again for privacy reasons.

I have downloaded the video.
And will likely have this ready for FT tonight or tomorrow.
Also, the King's patriotic attire was nice.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

My complements to the King and His Most Glorious and Majestic Royal Beard  ;)
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa