TERPELAZIUN ÀL Avocat-Xheneral / Question for the Attorney-General

Started by Açafat del Val, March 18, 2022, 02:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Açafat del Val

I don't mean to diminish any accomplishments of the incumbent Government – led, no less, by the party to which I am a member – but I was hoping to ask the Justice Ministry specifically, or the Government more generally: What is being done actively or recently, if anything, to reform the bar of Talossa and/or our legal system altogether?

The law should be accessible, but isn't; judges should be more active, but aren't; and if someone wanted to seek justice under Talossan law at this very moment, they wouldn't even know how.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Well, firstly, this is not a Terpelaziun, because those can only be asked by Members of the Ziu. However, this is a perfectly reasonable question, considering that you haven't been around for a while, so I'm happy to answer.

When I became Attorney-General, I consulted with the Uppermost Cort to ask: what is the best thing that the Government can do to revive the Bar? And the answer came back: apply for membership yourself. So I did, I sat the exam, and I'm happy to announce that I passed.

As to other legal reforms, Talossa now has its own indigenous criminal law code, rather than relying on Wisconsin law. Among other things, this has the benefit that gambling is no longer illegal.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Açafat del Val

Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms