[Chancery] Unofficial 57th Cosa General Election Results

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, April 01, 2022, 07:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Mic'haglh Autófil on April 02, 2022, 02:16:28 AM
Congrats to everyone on their results! I don't know who the eight of you are that expressed confidence in a pair of newcomers, but I don't intend to let you down.

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 01, 2022, 07:35:25 PM
DIEN 7 votes - 17 seats
FreeDems 30 votes, 76 seats
PDR 10 votes, 25 seats
RCT 1 vote, 3 seats
TNC 31 votes, 78 seats

These results are unofficial until the Electoral Commission certified them.

What happens to the last seat? I only count 199. Is this one that would end up being assigned by the King after the first Clark?

A final tally will be announced once the election is certified. These are preliminary numbers.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

So I was thinking about not voting, but decided that I would vote, but then I forgot the deadline  :-[

Anyway, congrats to the winners. I havent followed Talossa very closely, but this sure seems like its a surprising, and actually sort of exciting, result. The close result and the potential change in government suggests there is still life left in Talossan politics. On the other hand I actually thought the final compromise bill was a solid proposal in the end, so Im slightly disappointed it is now declared dead. Props to Ian and the FreeDems for trying anyway.

Maybe I should have paid more attention and registered the KLüP again. Obviously I would have unduly tried to claim Lücs return as a major partisan victory, but he only told me about his return after the GE already started.

Good luck to whichever parties will form the next government.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on April 02, 2022, 07:44:10 AMObviously I would have unduly tried to claim Lücs return as a major partisan victory, but he only told me about his return after the GE already started.

Take it up with Italy for not winning a Six Nations game earlier :p
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

I just hope that whoever my successor will be is gonna kick the Cosă into shape and turn it into a proper parliament.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

I have moved numerous off-topic posts to a new thread for discussion of the results. This thread should be kept as clean as possible for further Chancery updates. As such, I am locking this thread as well.

Thanks.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

The Electoral Commission has certified the results of the 57th Cosa General Election. Two issues arose during the certification process, but none of them resulted in a change in the unofficial results. It is important, with an eye toward transparency, that the two issues that arose were:

• Inability to remove and appoint a third member of the EC due to issues with the national database.
  • One vote was accidentally marked as invalid (oddly enough it was the vote of the Secretary of State) and due to database issues, it could not be marked as valid. This will be rectified at the earliest possible time, but as the invalid notation was accidental, it does not affect the vote of citizen #386 or the results of the election.

Done under my hand and seal, this sixth day of April, 2022

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretár d'Estat

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal