Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Potential Reunision Celebration

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, April 02, 2022, 09:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: xpb on April 04, 2022, 11:20:53 AM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 02, 2022, 10:29:15 PM
For $400 we can sponsor a tree permanently in a Milwaukee park, for example.  Or $250 for a personalized brick at the Milwaukee Humane Society.  That's a little extravagant, I think (although it might be appropriate someday) but maybe there's something similar but less pricey we can do?  Like maybe there's something similar with library donations, and we could maybe put together a donation of $100 in honour of Reunision.  Or if even smaller than that, for $25 we can adopt an artifact from the historical society of the city in Art's name: https://milwaukeehistory.net/adopt-an-artifact/

I will pledge $25 towards any such eventuality.  I am not sure if there is something that could be done within the boundaries of the GTA?  Another idea would be to get someone to fly a kite in the GTA on that date - there is a store in the Veterans Park area https://www.giftofwings.com/ a kite with Talossan colors and the flight captured on video for all to see?  Or a flag being raised within the GTA similar to what is shown in the recent anthem interpretation ?

I join Sir Briga in pledging $25

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

That's $50 right there, and I'm not even in the government. Imagine what could happen with some official leadership and energy behind this! Let's get it going.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Lots of people up in here keen on spending Government money, lol; the Finance Minister has been made aware.

I must say, even though I already said I'm not in a position to contribute much, I don't feel comfortable about all this stuff being proposed as part of a "Reunision" celebration without Reviensadeirs being actively involved - especially with a deadline of 16 days from now. I would actually suggest that a lot of it is a celebration of Talossan nationhood per se, and therefore might be better for an Independence Day commemoration at the end of the year?

Anyway, lest we forget the reason for the season

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 04, 2022, 03:19:42 PM
Lots of people up in here keen on spending Government money, lol; the Finance Minister has been made aware.

I must say, even though I already said I'm not in a position to contribute much, I don't feel comfortable about all this stuff being proposed as part of a "Reunision" celebration without Reviensadeirs being actively involved - especially with a deadline of 16 days from now. I would actually suggest that a lot of it is a celebration of Talossan nationhood per se, and therefore might be better for an Independence Day commemoration at the end of the year?

I'm not sure anyone at all has proposed spending government money? So far two citizens have pledged $25 of their personal funds to a project of this nature.

But okay, I'll leave it alone and stop suggesting ideas and planning. I hope something does happen, though.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 04, 2022, 03:40:47 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 04, 2022, 03:19:42 PM

I'm not sure anyone at all has proposed spending government money? So far two citizens have pledged $25 of their personal funds to a project of this nature.

But okay, I'll leave it alone and stop suggesting ideas and planning. I hope something does happen, though.

I agree with Baron Davinescu. I hope something does happen to commemorate the reunification of the Talossan family too. Even if it is just a proclamation from the outgoing Seneschal or the incoming one marking the event. My offer of personal funds stands as I think Reunision is worth celebrating.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

My mistake, I assumed that by "some official leadership and energy behind this!" you meant the State chipping in for this venture. Well, I encourage private initiative to do whatever they want. And I double encourage "voluntary taxation" donations to the Internal Revenue from whoever for whatever.

I think a speech from myself and from the King on the day (as the two heads of state who did the deal) would be appropriate. I actually think that I might call for input on this from the citizenry of Fiova, featuring the largest concentration of Reviensadeirs.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Breneir Tzaracomprada

In case it is helpful here is an example from @Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM when he was a RUMP Seneschal back in 2013. A Reunision Day Proclamation on the one year anniversary declaring a period of national celebration.
https://talossa.proboards.com/thread/8358/reunision-day-proclamation

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 06, 2022, 03:34:54 PM
In case it is helpful here is an example from @Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM when he was a RUMP Seneschal back in 2013. A Reunision Day Proclamation on the one year anniversary declaring a period of national celebration.

I had quite forgotten about this proclamation! I also forgot that I was Seneschal on the one-year anniversary. Quite cool!
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 06, 2022, 04:34:17 PM

I had quite forgotten about this proclamation! I also forgot that I was Seneschal on the one-year anniversary. Quite cool!

It was a good proclamation too.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

I should be able to attend a virtual get-together that evening if others are available.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

So can someone get in touch with the King to see if he's up for making a Reunision Day Speech?

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 10, 2022, 05:17:06 PM
So can someone get in touch with the King to see if he's up for making a Reunision Day Speech?

We never got an answer to this, huh

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Did *you* reach out to the King? It wasn't me brimming with enthusiasm about this commemoration. I just volunteered to give a speech.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 06, 2022, 05:49:04 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 06, 2022, 04:34:17 PM

It was a good proclamation too.

I wonder if we can still get a proclamation of celebration out? This doesn't require the King.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight