News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Election Results Discussion

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, April 02, 2022, 05:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on April 02, 2022, 07:44:10 AM
I actually thought the final compromise bill was a solid proposal in the end, so Im slightly disappointed it is now declared dead.

Well, the Free Democrats will repropose it on the first Clark. The TNC and Dien will almost undoubtedly vote against it, but that's their look-out. We still have a majority in the Cosa for reform; but under our existing system that's not enough. I don't have the energy to fight for a compromise any more myself.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

A "Grand Coalition" usually entails the two largest parties forming an alliance?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 02, 2022, 05:00:59 PM
I actually thought the final compromise bill was a solid proposal in the end, so Im slightly disappointed it is now declared dead.

Well, the Free Democrats will repropose it on the first Clark. The TNC and Dien will almost undoubtedly vote against it, but that's their look-out. We still have a majority in the Cosa for reform; but under our existing system that's not enough. I don't have the energy to fight for a compromise any more myself.

Not a good sign here. Voters sent a message for change and the first thing the potential next government proposes is a twice-failed bill and that is now even more sure of failure a third time.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 02, 2022, 06:58:57 PM

Not a good sign here. Voters sent a message for change and the first thing the potential next government proposes is a twice-failed bill and that is now even more sure of failure a third time.
Huh?

The bill is not twice-failed, it is once-vetoed. Also, given that the TNC actually put Monarchy reform in their 50-word statement, your voters might now want to know what you have in mind. If the current proposal is not to your liking, you can vote it down and propose something else.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on April 02, 2022, 08:44:43 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 02, 2022, 06:58:57 PM

Huh?

The bill is not twice-failed, it is once-vetoed. Also, given that the TNC actually put Monarchy reform in their 50-word statement, your voters might now want to know what you have in mind. If the current proposal is not to your liking, you can vote it down and propose something else.

I am referring to the effort overall not just this bill. And yes, as I am sure you can expect, it will most likely be voted down, with even fewer votes than the last time it was proposed.

Edited to note I did say this bill, my apologies.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The point of resubmitting the bill is precisely to force the TNC to vote against it - to show, in action, what their actions in the last Cosă also showed, that they don't really mean it about monarchy reform.

Some may have forgotten that the Senator from Florencia ran in the previous election explicitly in support of this kind of compromise - then did a 180-degree-turn for reasons that he has never explained, except with personal abuse. It's best for that to be kept in people's minds.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 02, 2022, 09:36:20 PM
The point of resubmitting the bill is precisely to force the TNC to vote against it - to show, in action, what their actions in the last Cosă also showed, that they don't really mean it about monarchy reform.

Sure. That is an interesting story. If you believe that, fine, tell yourself that.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Well, if the upcoming TNC leadership review wants my opinion (they don't, lol), I would say that if you wanted to form a coalition with a Republican party such as the PdR, doing a 180-degree-turn on a quite moderate monarchical reform was not the best way to do so.

You have never said what you dislike in the "Compromise on the Compromise" proposal. You just dismissed it out of hand (after running on supporting it) - exactly like the most die-hard neo-RUMPist "GOD SAVE THE KING" type would. And you have never offered an alternative proposal for reform. The only conclusion is that the TNC - consisting as it does of a whole parcel of ex-RUMPers, apart from its leadership - is a status-quo monarchist party.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 02, 2022, 09:41:16 PM
Well, if the upcoming TNC leadership review wants my opinion (they don't, lol), I would say that if you wanted to form a coalition with a Republican party such as the PdR, doing a 180-degree-turn on a quite moderate monarchical reform was not the best way to do so.

You have never said what you dislike in the "Compromise on the Compromise" proposal. You just dismissed it out of hand (after running on supporting it) - exactly like the most die-hard neo-RUMPist "GOD SAVE THE KING" type would. And you have never offered an alternative proposal for reform. The only conclusion is that the TNC - consisting as it does of a whole parcel of ex-RUMPers, apart from its leadership - is a status-quo monarchist party.

This whinging is eternal.
There is the RUMP bogeyman. Check.
And now the now-dead Compromise on the Compromise, admitted by Miestra herself in post-election remarks. Check.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

There's nothing we can do about this, and no reason to let the needling get to you, man.  And it's really okay, I'm still over the moon about this election and the results.  We roared into place as the largest party on the strength of a general disgust with the incumbents, and none of those facts have changed just because some party leaders made a deal.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I'm looking forward to the coming term, myself.  For the past term, the people have been treated with general contempt by leadership that lied to them and got almost nothing done.  But hopefully this election has at least been a wake-up call for them -- which means the country gets a better government, ideally.  And ideally not just because Txec keeps trying to do everything all at the same time until he collapses from nervous exhaustion.  Maybe the Zuavs will get going, maybe we'll see something to honor Art Verbotten after a shamefully long time, maybe we'll see ID cards, maybe we'll see other things that actually meaningfully contribute to Talossan life for the people.  We should be hopeful, not unhappy.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 02, 2022, 09:47:23 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 02, 2022, 09:41:16 PM

This whinging is eternal.
There is the RUMP bogeyman. Check.
And now the now-dead Compromise on the Compromise, admitted by Miestra herself in post-election remarks. Check.
Let's set aside everything else Miestra said and focus on an important question you have been asked over and over but never answered:

Why did you campaign on supporting the Compromise in the 56th Cosa only to immediately oppose it?

Ián S.G. Txaglh

i have difficulties comprehending, how the kind of rhetorics of the TNC representatives used in this thread is going to attract anyone to create a governmental alliance with them. just curious...

mximo

What is the plan ?
The past is the past.

What is the future ?

Mximo
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator