News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Monarchy Reform: A Cross-Party Challenge

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, April 03, 2022, 03:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

All the FreeDem efforts to reform the monarchy in the last several Cosas have run aground on the Royal Veto.

It needs 3/4 of the Cosa to override a Royal Veto on the Organic Law.

The Free Democrats and the Talossan National Congress between them have 154 seats in the Cosa; more than 3/4.

Therefore, any monarchy reform that the FreeDems and TNC agree on will pass, no matter what the King thinks.

The TNC has rudely dismissed both the Compromise proposals raised by the FreeDems - for no reason that has been explained, apart from personal attacks on Miestra Schiva.

Therefore, perhaps best if a successful proposal does not come from Miestra Schiva?

The challenge is this: if the TNC raises a bill for some kind of monarchy reform in the 57th Cosa, the FreeDems will look seriously at it and hope to be able to support it.

Monarchy reform is possible if the TNC and FreeDems agree on one. The ball is therefore now in the TNC court.

It should be abundantly clear what I expect to happen from here: that no proposal will come, because the TNC is almost entirely composed of conservative monarchists who will never support any monarchy reform ever ever ever, and the TNC's 50 word statement was disingenuous. But I allow for the possibility of pleasant surprise.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan