News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Cabinet Shift: Part Deux

Started by Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM, April 04, 2022, 04:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Þon Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Azul,
At this time, I am formally appointing @Miestră Schivă, UrN as Minister of STUFF & Technology

Respectfully,
Gen. Txoteu Davinescu, O.SPM
Seneschal of Talossa
The Most Honourable General Txoteu É. Davinescu, O.SPM

Senator for Maricopa, Kingdom of Talossa

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Thank you most kindly.

This is only a temporary appointment until the new Government is formally set up, but there are certain things that have to be done. The most important is that @Eðo Grischün has expressed his wish to step aside from the role of Permanent Secretary as appointed here. (The role probably doesn't even exist given the establishment of the new Ministry of Technology anyway; plus, the King never confirmed!)

In that regard, I have appointed citizen Bradley Higgs as the new Deputy Minister of Technology, with the following portfolio:

1) back-end administration duties of talossa.com;
2) preparing a report for the Government on what should be done to improve the functioning of talossa.com (and the future, if any, of talossa.net);
3) working with the Chancery on the upgrading and possible replacement of the National Database.

Questions? Comments?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 04, 2022, 04:51:05 PM
Thank you most kindly.

This is only a temporary appointment until the new Government is formally set up, but there are certain things that have to be done. The most important is that @Eðo Grischün has expressed his wish to step aside from the role of Permanent Secretary as appointed here. (The role probably doesn't even exist given the establishment of the new Ministry of Technology anyway; plus, the King never confirmed!)

In that regard, I have appointed citizen Bradley Higgs as the new Deputy Minister of Technology, with the following portfolio:

1) back-end administration duties of talossa.com;
2) preparing a report for the Government on what should be done to improve the functioning of talossa.com (and the future, if any, of talossa.net);
3) working with the Chancery on the upgrading and possible replacement of the National Database.

Questions? Comments?

As things stand with our database, I cannot appoint a new member of the Electoral Commission, and I'm very strongly considering holding the upcoming Seneschal election on Witt, since it will be far easier to set up.

I'd also like to ask if the Deputy Minister would be able to help upgrade Wittenberg to the newest release. I've been able to do a minor update on my own, but a major numbered upgrade is too daunting for me.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Miestră Schivă, UrN

In the interests of simplicity, there are two features of the National Webspace that I am proposing to shut down:

Comments?

xpb

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 04, 2022, 09:06:41 PM
In the interests of simplicity, there are two features of the National Webspace that I am proposing to shut down:

Comments?

I have tried to use talossa.net at least to post images for linking here at wittenberg

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: xpb on April 04, 2022, 10:40:10 PM
I have tried to use talossa.net at least to post images for linking here at wittenberg

Yeah, I know, you've been using it well; and you're pretty much the only person. It is a real pity because I think it's a great resource. But the broad masses don't care.

One of the big principles of the FreeDems in this campaign (hopefully to make it into the new Programme for Government) has been that things have just gotten "too complicated" in Talossa. When I became Deputy STUFF earlier this year, I logged into the "back-end" of talossa.com to find a whole bunch of plug-ins needing updating, and I didn't know how any of them worked. Eðo is an IT guy and assures me they all have a function. I'll have to trust his judgement. But my feeling of being totally out of my depth with the back-end of the National Webspace - much like the SoS's frustration with the Database - showed me of the problems that happen when "IT guys" set up a fancy system, and when they burn out on Talossa, normal people try to take over, and get totally swamped.

So my principle is: if something is a lot of effort to maintain with little reward, then best to shut it down and concentrate on lower-overhead stuff.