[Chancery] Call for MC's for the 57th Cosa

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, April 06, 2022, 11:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Caleb Frenibuerg on April 16, 2022, 05:10:00 PM
I'm not sure how to word this. But it is with very heavy regret that I resign my Cosa seats. My mental health has taken a turn for the worst in the last few weeks and I'm struggling to cope with Talossa related stuff. I do not want to disappoint anyone but I sadly have no other choice. I appreciate the opportunity I have been given, and hope I am still welcome in this wonderful community.
You are more than welcome -- know that we're here for you!  If you ever want to just talk about anything, please PM me and I'll send you my number.  Maybe I can help, or maybe we can just chat about what's on your mind.  Take care of yourself, first and foremost!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Please give one of my assigned seats to Tric'hard Lenxheir.  I have consulted with my party and with Tric'hard, and reached an agreement that will allow him to participate in the legislature, under terms that will allow him to keep to his conscience and the Talossan National Congress to keep faith with our voters.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Mr. Secretary, here are our updated seat allocations:

1. @Muhammed Yasir (13)
2. @Eovart Xhorxh (13)
3. @Francesco Manzella (13)
4. @xpb (13)
5. @Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù (13)
6. @Baron Alexandreu Davinescu (12)
7. @Tric'hard Lenxheir (1)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM Mr. Secretary, I have been unable to find this information and am hoping you might be able to help. What is the upward limit, if any, to the number of seats that can be held by each individual member of the Cosa?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

El Lex H.11. No person shall hold more seats in the Cosă than ten times the total number of seats in the Cosă divided by the number of ballots cast for the Cosa in the most recent General Election, rounded up to the next integer.

Based on the current size of the Cosa, the upper limit is 22 seats.

Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 17, 2022, 01:28:54 PM
El Lex H.11. No person shall hold more seats in the Cosă than ten times the total number of seats in the Cosă divided by the number of ballots cast for the Cosa in the most recent General Election, rounded up to the next integer.

Based on the current size of the Cosa, the upper limit is 22 seats.

That was fast! Thank you very much, Mr. Secretary.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Mr. Secretary @Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM you may have already updated the database but the numbers you have in an earlier post in this thread are out of date. The TNC numbers have changed and a new MC has been added. And Caleb of the PdR resigned his seats. Have these been updated?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 20, 2022, 05:20:45 PM
Mr. Secretary @Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM you may have already updated the database but the numbers you have in an earlier post in this thread are out of date. The TNC numbers have changed and a new MC has been added. And Caleb of the PdR resigned his seats. Have these been updated?

I'm aware of the changes, but I haven't yet done anything with the information. It will all be accurate as soon as we begin voting on the new Seneschal. Thanks.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 20, 2022, 05:41:04 PM

I'm aware of the changes, but I haven't yet done anything with the information. It will all be accurate as soon as we begin voting on the new Seneschal. Thanks.

What has prevented you from, as you said, "doing anything with this information"?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 20, 2022, 05:47:51 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 20, 2022, 05:41:04 PM

What has prevented you from, as you said, "doing anything with this information"?

Um, a full-time job plus two University courses...
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 20, 2022, 05:49:13 PM

You have nothing to worry about Senator, I always double-check MC assignments before any Clark or voting occurs. The only thing I've not done as of this time is update the actual database, which is cumbersome and requires more than a few minute of my time.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

The evidence keeps piling up for a change to our systems! Shouldn't be such a hassle for you to do that.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 20, 2022, 05:57:30 PM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 20, 2022, 05:49:13 PM

You have nothing to worry about Senator, I always double-check MC assignments before any Clark or voting occurs. The only thing I've not done as of this time is update the actual database, which is cumbersome and requires more than a few minute of my time.

Thank you Mr. Secretary. I know you're busy but I always forget how cumbersome our aging database is.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 20, 2022, 05:58:14 PM
The evidence keeps piling up for a change to our systems! Shouldn't be such a hassle for you to do that.

This is going to be a priority for the incoming Government, as I like to think I've repeated countless time.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 20, 2022, 06:13:33 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 20, 2022, 05:58:14 PM

This is going to be a priority for the incoming Government, as I like to think I've repeated countless time.

...ok?  Good, I guess.  I didn't criticize you or the Government in my reply.  I was just sympathizing, since I once took MPF's databases course and I remember how complicated it was.