[Chancery] Nominations for Seneschal - 57th Cosa

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, April 06, 2022, 11:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

At this time it is my duty to call for nominations for Seneschal for the 57th Cosa.

Article VI of the Organic Law states:

QuoteSection 5 The election of a Seneschál shall be the sole and exclusive business of the first Clark of every newly seated Ziu, but neither a member of the Senäts nor the King may vote on the matter. The Senäts may undertake during such Clark any of their business for which the consent of the Cosâ or the King be not requisite. (54RZ23)

The method of election of a Seneschál shall be Ranked Choice Voting. Each member of the Cosâ shall have as many votes in the election as the seats which he hold in the Cosâ, but shall cast his votes as one bloc and have no divided conscience. The candidates for each such election shall be nominated by each political party which shall have earned representation in the Cosâ at the most recent general election. (54RZ23) (55RZ22)

No member of the Cosâ may abstain in the election of a Seneschál, and shall rank on his ballot at least two distinct preferences, which itself shall be made public. (54RZ23)

Whichever candidate shall have earned a majority of the votes in his election, as according to the method of Ranked Choice Voting, shall be appointed subsequently and forthwith by the King to serve as Seneschál, and the results of the election shall be published at large in the Clark. (54RZ23)

Section 6 The Seneschál shall announce publicly both the members of the incoming Government and the Government's legislative agenda at least before, if not sooner than, the last day on which a member of the Ziu may submit a measure to the second Clark. Failing this, the King shall dissolve the Cosa and call new elections.(54RZ23)(55RZ22)

Section 7 No election for the Seneschál shall occur, except during the first Clark of a newly seated Ziu. (54RZ23)

Party Leaders, please make your nominations for Seneschal. The voting (and the 1st official Clark of the 57th Cosa) will begin on April 1, 2022 and will end on April 21, 2022.

DIEN - @Munditenens Tresplet - Party Leader
FREEDEMS - @Txec dal Nordselvă - Party Leader
PDR - @Mic'haglh Autófil - Party Leader
RCT - @Mximo Carbonèl - Party Leader
TNC - @Breneir Itravilatx - Party Leader

Party leaders - please make your seat choices in this thread.

Thank you,

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretár d'Estat
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Muhammed Yasir

I'd like to nominate @Breneir Itravilatx - TNC Party Leader - as the Seneschal.
-Yasir
-Yasir

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Muhammed Yasir on April 12, 2022, 07:44:40 AM
-Yasir
Only parties are allowed to make nominations for Seneschal, but I think that Yasir speaks for the Talossan National Congress as a whole.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 12, 2022, 08:20:24 AM
-Yasir
Only parties are allowed to make nominations for Seneschal, but I think that Yasir speaks for the Talossan National Congress as a whole.

For the nomination, it is preferable that party leaders make the nominations.

Thanks!
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 12, 2022, 08:29:06 AM
-Yasir

Thanks!

@Breneir Tzaracomprada , please get in here and nominate yourself.  Talossa gave the Talossan National Congress more votes than any other party -- the people want to see you as Seneschal.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 12, 2022, 08:34:56 AM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 12, 2022, 08:29:06 AM
-Yasir

Thanks!

@Breneir Tzaracomprada , please get in here and nominate yourself.  Talossa gave the Talossan National Congress more votes than any other party -- the people want to see you as Seneschal.

By popular request, I nominate myself, to be clear @Breneir Tzaracomprada, for Seneschal.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 12, 2022, 08:47:40 AM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 12, 2022, 08:34:56 AM
-Yasir

Thanks!

By popular request, I nominate myself, to be clear @Breneir Tzaracomprada, for Seneschal.

Thank you and noted for the upcoming election.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

The Free Democrats of Talossa nominate Ian Plätschisch as Seneschal for the 57th Cosa.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal