Tinkering with the CRL rules?

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, April 10, 2022, 05:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on January 25, 2022, 02:10:08 PM
I mean, the way the rules are written is that the CRL only has to look at a bill once, no matter how many times it's amended after that. Do people think we should change things so that they have to sign off on the final to-be-Clarked bill?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Would this do the job? A new El Lex H.6.3.3.

QuoteIf a bill is amended significantly after the CRL has given its recommendation, the CRL may offer a new recommendation on the bill, which may include a request for the Secretary of State to exercise their powers under H.6.7.4 below.

That H.6.7.4:

QuoteThe Secretary of State is empowered to refuse to put a certain bill on a Clark if said bill is so substantially different from its form as a legislative proposal when "passed to committee" that it constitutes a significantly different proposal.

Of course, the proposer of a bill has the right in any case to just tell the CRL "I don't agree with your recommendations" and Clark a bill which the CRL has expressed problems with. I think we should retain that or the CRL becomes too powerful/liable to corruption. What do others think?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan