News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Coalition Agreement for the 57th Cosa

Started by Ian Plätschisch, April 13, 2022, 06:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

COALITION AGREEMENT FOR THE FORMATION OF A GOVERNMENT IN THE 57th COSA BY THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA AND EL PARTÌ DAL REFORMAZIUN

SENESCHÁL - Ián Plätschich
DISTÁIN - Mic'haglh Autofíl

• All FreeDems and PdR MCs will give their first preference to Ián Plätschich for Seneschál on the "0th Clark".
  • Cabinet Ministers will be required to be continuously active in their portfolios. Cabinet Ministers who fail to carry out their agreed duties will be required to give an explanation to the Ziu, or else resign.
  • All Cabinet Ministers will be required to keep in regular contact with the Seneschál and the rest of Cabinet, to answer any Terpelaziuns promptly, and to otherwise make themselves present and accountable to the nation. If extra-Talossan life becomes a problem, it is expected the minister will speak up and speak loudly while asking for help and delegating. The Seneschál shall be the final arbiter of whether a Minister should be replaced.
  • Ministers shall have the right to hire and fire Deputy Ministers, and to appoint Permanent Secretaries, at their discretion.
  • The existing Cabinet Code of Conduct will remain in force.

CULTURE - Antaglha Somelieir
Deputy - Mic'haglh Autofíl
Deptuy - Antonio Montagnha (Independent)
Vicocaput per Afáes Glheþeasacas: Miestra Schiva

• We will promote regular meetups of citizens, either online or in person, at the national or provincial level.
  • We will organize cultural events for citizens, such as tournaments, gaming streams, and online quizzes. These may double as charitable fundraisers.
  • We will work with SIGN to create new Talossan language learning materials and to create both translated and original literature.
  • We will work with the King to make greater use of the Talossan Honours System.
  • We will develop Talossan versions of Letters Patent, State Awards, and other physical forms of the trappings of Monarchy and chivalry.

DEFENCE - Txoteu Davinescu

• We will make greater use of the Royal Zuavs, rewarding the use and learning of the Talossan language and other cultural activities.
  • We will enact a formal military awards structure and will work with the King to incorporate this into a new Talossan "order of precedence", working within El Lexhatx F.

FINANCE - Ián Plätschisch

• We will work towards a stamp or other fitting commemoration of the deceased Old Growth Talossan and former UC Justice John Carl Eiffler.
  • We will find a replacement for the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue
  • We will continue the "Patriot Points" programme to encourage voluntary taxation and citizen purchases of Talossan coins and stamps.

FOREIGN - Mic'haglh Autofíl

• We will return to active engagement with the micronational world, including active fostering of diplomatic relationships and exploring dual citizenships. We will seek to have a presence at MicroCon 2022, the upcoming micronational summit in Las Vegas, Nevada.
  • We will return to actively appointing ambassadors, including the design of letters of accreditation.
  • We will set up a Landing Pier on Wittenberg where non-citizens will be free to participate along with Talossans, assuming their good behaviour.

IMMIGRATION - Ián Plätschisch

• We will conduct a small-scale Google ad campaign to promote immigration.

JUSTICE - Miestra Schiva

• We will establish a cross-party Ziu committee to examine and recommend changes to the OrgLaw.
  • We will seek to simplify Talossan statute law as much as possible, repealing obsolete provisions.

STUFF - Miestra Schiva
Deputy in charge of Talossaware: Mic'haglh Autofíl

• We will issue physical ID cards for those who successfully pass the Talossan Civics Test (to be conducted in an automatic online format).
  • We will return to active production of Talossaware, including national flags of all sizes, passports, and lapel pins.
  • We will organise a campaign to bring TalossaWiki up to date, in coordination with the Prime Ministry
  • We will simplify and update the content of the National Webspace.

TECHNOLOGY - Miestra Schiva
Deputy: Bradley Higgs

• We will prioritise upgrading and/or replacing the National Database, in collaboration with the Chancery.
  • We will improve and simplify the National Website, including integrating it with our social media accounts.
  • We will work with Culture to promote live video and Instant-Messaging interactions between Talossans.

Ian Plätschisch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVTXn9Y3dM0

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play.

I realize the news that I am the FreeDem candidate for Seneschal will be a surprise to most people. However, after much discussion, the incoming government decided that I am in a better position to lead the Government. I have nothing but thanks to D:na Schiva for her tireless efforts during the campaign, and she will remain an integral part of the cabinet.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Getting things done
Having more fun

To expand on the good Senator's comments above: I made it 100% clear during the election campaign that I was coming out of retirement due to a crisis in the party and no-one else being prepared to do the job. Things have now changed. I am relieved that they have changed - not least in the aftermath of an election campaign in which our Opposition's main weapon seemed to be extreme rudeness and personal attacks against me.

The election campaign was horrible for my mental health. It's not fun to be reminded how much people actively despise me, personally. It was everything I could do to limp across the finish line, and I was actually dreading another 6-8 months of being the target for sheer nastiness. Part of me even kind of hoped we'd lose, so I would have an excuse to just disappear from Talossa and forget about everything.

I am immeasurably grateful that my Party has seen fit to send someone else into the "line of fire", as it were, and that our coalition partners have agreed. I hope that the lightening of my burden will allow me to see out the rest of this term as a Minister and an MC, in good conscience, and fulfil my obligations and those of my party.

¡Sa vivadra Talossa democrätic! ¡Ya Allà, aucün capitulaziun, aucün regeu!

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan