Call for bills - 54th Cosa, 3rd Clark - March 2020

Started by Glüc da Dhi S.H., February 27, 2020, 06:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

It is my pleasure to open call for bills of the March 2020 Clark.

Eventually, the clark can be viewed in real time here:

www.talossa.ca/files/cosa_vote_result.php?cosa=54&clark=3 (for the votes)

and here:

www.talossa.ca/files/clark.php?cosa=54&clark=3 (for the bills )

It is NOT too late to submit bills, of course, as you have OFFICIALLY until the morning of the 29th of this month, provided your bills have been in the Hopper before end of business day the 24th, of course. I will make the Clark on March 1st's morning and bills submitted up to a few hours before that will probably also be taken.

PLEASE note that in order to support a bill, you need to:

1 ) Be a Senator, the Secretary of State or the King
or
2 ) Have been nominated as a Cosa Member for the upcoming Clark BEFORE the 24th,

To vote on the Clark, you will have 3 options:

1 ) You will be able to vote in the Clark thread (which will be created later on the 1st of January), or in a separate Senate or Cosa voting thread. I will enter your votes in the DB.

2 ) You will be able to vote directly in the database, using your usernumber and DB password (which you can retrieve at: www.talossa.ca/files/login.php using the PSC of the election) or by login via Facebook (which requires manual activation on my part).

3 ) Votes cast on the Senate/Cosa boards on old Witt will also be counted.

[p][/p]

Glüc da Dhi
Secretary of State
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Hello, yes. Can I please to be clarking The Seneschál Election Amendment, the There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Senäts Seat Amendment and the Abolition of Compulsory Voting and Determination of Legal or Actual Decease Bill.

Can I also ask that pretty please the deadline for this Clark be extended until we are sure whether any Royal vetos are going to be coming down for the 2nd Clark? Because some bills will want to be re-proposed in that case.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Lüc

You still have the whole of the 29th to Clark more bills. Vetoes have to happen today at the latest (X.6).
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sir Lüc

Also, are you sure you want to Clark the Seneschal Election Amendment? We were still discussing details yesterday!

There's a bad trend developing of a Call for Bills being interpreted as a deadline for all bills up for discussion to be immediately brought up for a vote, regardless of how far ahead (or behind) we are in the discussion. And most of those bills aren't even particularly urgent, as we are barely 1/3rd of the way in the current term and they are subject to referenda anyway.

If that trend continues, it may even be worth it to consider switching to more, shorter Clarks (eg. two Clarks in a month, 1-10, 15-25), to have more chances to Clark a bill, which would hopefully remove the need to rush a bill because otherwise you miss a whole month. (Maybe that can also be paired with separate Senate/Cosa voting, where the house of the primary sponsor votes first, and the other votes in the immediate next Clark).
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Sir Lüc

Back to what I was originally here for, I have Clarked the This Ain't it, Chief Act through the DB.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Lüc on February 28, 2020, 07:38:30 AM
Also, are you sure you want to Clark the Seneschal Election Amendment? We were still discussing details yesterday!

Well, now you're co-author, so if you want to amend any details, tell me. I personally think it's good to go.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Viteu

I do not intend to clark Judiciary Reform of 2020 for the March Clark for those reasons given above and discussed elsewhere.
Viteu Marcianüs
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort

Former FreeDem (Vote PRESENT)

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Glüc on February 29, 2020, 05:18:29 AM
Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on February 28, 2020, 09:32:15 PM
I'd like to Clark The Non-Hereditary Monarchy Amendment
This has technically only been in the hopper for two days...
>:(

I won't make a big stink about it I guess, if that's how it has to be.