CoA Request for Carlüs Vilaçafat

Started by Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat, April 19, 2022, 11:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

What is your name? Carlüs Éocart Vilaçafat

What is your request? If it so please the Squirrel King of Arms, I request the assistance of the College in designing and obtaining arms for myself and my lawful heirs.

What is your favourite colour? Purple, but green is a close second.
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

On behalf of the dean, the Oblivious Auditing Fellow is assigned to handle this request.  If in need of any assistance, I'd advise asking the Rouge Elephant Herald, @Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM , for advice.

-NRH
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 19, 2022, 12:35:37 PM
On behalf of the dean, the Oblivious Auditing Fellow is assigned to handle this request.  If in need of any assistance, I'd advise asking the Rouge Elephant Herald, @Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM , for advice.

-NRH

My assistance is but a request away.

- REH
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

After much deliberation and conversation with the armiger (myself) and with the assistance of the Rouge Elephant Herald, I present the Arms of Carlüs Vilaçafat for approval.

Blazon:  Per fess trefly counter-trefly, argent and vert. In chief two roses proper and in base a cinquefoil or.

Emblazon attached.

I like it, generally.  Lot of argent and vert around here these days, but it's pretty.  I'm not familiar with this line of division, though.  It helps create an interesting garden sort of effect, since the trefoil is basically a floral element and you have the roses and a cinqefoil on there, too, but I am dubious -- seems likely to be a very modern innovation.

-NRH
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 20, 2022, 03:19:56 PM
I like it, generally.  Lot of argent and vert around here these days, but it's pretty.  I'm not familiar with this line of division, though.  It helps create an interesting garden sort of effect, since the trefoil is basically a floral element and you have the roses and a cinqefoil on there, too, but I am dubious -- seems likely to be a very modern innovation.

-NRH

A modern innovation perhaps, in the same vein as the more traditional "fleury counter-fleury"
I hear you Baron, I will go back to the drawing board, adjust the tinctures and rein it in a little  ;)

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on April 20, 2022, 04:16:28 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 20, 2022, 03:19:56 PM

-NRH

A modern innovation perhaps, in the same vein as the more traditional "fleury counter-fleury"
I hear you Baron, I will go back to the drawing board, adjust the tinctures and rein it in a little  ;)

Tinctures seem completely fine to me!  I was just joking since I have argent and vert :)

There's a lot of different traditional lines -- if you're looking for something floral-feeling, you could engrail it, for example, or use rayonny (which is kind of like grass).  Or if you want something complex specifically, dovetailing looks cool.

-NRH

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 20, 2022, 04:20:27 PM
There's a lot of different traditional lines -- if you're looking for something floral-feeling, you could engrail it, for example, or use rayonny (which is kind of like grass).  Or if you want something complex specifically, dovetailing looks cool.

-NRH

I was actually considering a potent division before I found the trefly counter-trefly, so I think I will go back to that one.

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 20, 2022, 04:20:27 PM
Tinctures seem completely fine to me!  I was just joking since I have argent and vert :)

OK good! I wasn't sure because I know there are a couple argent/vert arms in the armory  :)

Potent division makes sense to me!  Fun fact: that term refers to an English walking-stick.  I think when describing a division you also use the French (potenté), as opposed to a sort of semy potent.

Any symbolism with all of this, or you just like the design?

-NRH

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 20, 2022, 05:09:29 PM

Any symbolism with all of this, or you just like the design?

-NRH

Well I love the look of the traditional heraldic roses, so I wanted that to be a main feature. The cinquefoil represents my family, because there are 5 of us. I kind of see it as the roses are my wife and I, watching over our family.  In the original design I didn't even see the garden theme, but I am an avid gardener, so that makes sense as well.

Updated Blazon:
Per fess potenté, argent and vert. In chief two roses proper and in base a cinquefoil or.

Updated Emblazon attached.

That's very nice! Love the redesign.

-NRH

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Very attractive arms. It's too bad this blazon just missed the Tafsut Imazighen Honours day. Perhaps the king can be moved to grant the arms on Juneau Day Honours (28 May) but it may also have to wait until St. Aaron's Day Honours on June 22.

-REH
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on April 20, 2022, 05:44:44 PM
Very attractive arms. It's too bad this blazon just missed the Tafsut Imazighen Honours day. Perhaps the king can be moved to grant the arms on Juneau Day Honours (28 May) but it may also have to wait until St. Aaron's Day Honours on June 22.

-REH

Oh I know, I just missed it! But that's alright, I can wait for a little bit.

Can I also register a badge? Do I have to wait for the arms to be granted before I can do that?

The newly established guidelines for badges do not require any act of His Majesty, so I think you can register one whenever you want.

-NRH

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 21, 2022, 11:01:40 AM
The newly established guidelines for badges do not require any act of His Majesty, so I think you can register one whenever you want.

-NRH

OK great! In that case I would like to also register the badge below:

A lozenge vert with bordure potenty (potenté?) argent, and over all a bee or.