Second Incorporative Act

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, April 25, 2022, 11:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

WHEREAS we should make it possible for people to create publicly-verifiable contracts to accommodate our unique style of digital governance, allowing for the creation of private corporations and non-governmental organizations in a way that has an official sheen to it, and

WHEREAS the Register of Talossan Enterprises does not appear to exist and has never even been promoted and I doubt that more than two or three people know it hypothetically exists, so it had its shot over the last two years and hasn't made it,

THEREFORE the tenth subsection of the eighth subsection of the second section of Title D of el Lexhatx, which currently reads as follows:

Quote2.8.10 The Finance Minister shall create a Register of Talossan Enterprises, available to all Talossan citizens. Any Talossan who produces goods and services, whether commercially or as a hobby, may provide a description, no longer than 100 words, of their enterprise together with their contact details, for the purposes of advertisement and information. An enterprise shall be removed from the register at the request of the registrant; or by a determination by the Finance Minister that the enterprise is no longer active, or not of a character with which the Kingdom of Talossa wishes to be associated. Such determinations shall be subject to judicial review.

shall be replaced by the following subsections:

Quote2.8.10 The Finance Minister will make available a system for the public registration of articles of incorporation.  They or their designated representative will ensure that these articles are available for public perusal.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Just wondering whether the proposer thinks this is ready to go before the CRL yet?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Ian Plätschisch

In my humble opinion this is exactly the kind of bureaucracy we are trying to get rid of.

Doing fancy official registrations of things is fun and cool.  So far the slash-and-burn policy hasn't exactly been paying us dividends, so maybe we should try to encourage people to do fun and cool things, instead.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Last term, this bill was blocked due to the Government legislative blockade.  Legally, I was thus barred from reintroducing it during the same session.  I intend to reintroduce it in the coming term in something akin to its current form.  I will note that there is no Register of Talossan Enterprises anywhere I could find: the status quo is not working.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I'm going to vote against this again, if I'm an MC again. Pointless busywork and bureaucracy-building.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

People actually did this, though. They were actually interested.  I had a license.  MPF had a license.  And this provides a vehicle to start to build institutions that extend beyond personal networks and have legal backing!

The current law is emphatically not working.  The Register of Talossan Enterprises doesn't exist and never has!

Miestră Schivă, UrN

You keep going on at me about how passing laws means nothing for real Talossan activity. Well: handing out miéida da toro "licences" means nothing either. Pointless.

I'm old enough to remember precisely this same debate in Penguinea, more than 20 years ago. The argument was that handing out licences would encourage Talossan enterprises to flourish. No, it didn't. "Legal backing" means absolutely nothing. It's just busywork.

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on January 03, 2023, 03:00:42 PMYou keep going on at me about how passing laws means nothing for real Talossan activity. Well: handing out miéida da toro "licences" means nothing either. Pointless.

I'm old enough to remember precisely this same debate in Penguinea, more than 20 years ago. The argument was that handing out licences would encourage Talossan enterprises to flourish. No, it didn't. "Legal backing" means absolutely nothing. It's just busywork.
I mean, woe, woe upon the poor, exhausted official who must hit CTRL+C and then CTRL+V one or possibly even two times a year, am I right?

I know that the Register of Talossan Enterprises was your idea, years ago, but my proposal is definitely not more work... in both cases, people submit stuff and it's posted publicly.  My proposal just also allows people to build up a legal structure that can be binding, too.  It's almost the same amount of work.

I am reintroducing this act for the new term.  It replaces the "Register of Talossan Enterprises" in the law, which doesn't exist and never has, with the ability for businesses to request licenses and create enforceable contracts.  There were two registered corporations previously -- this opens the door for that to start happening again.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Going to advise the FreeDems majority in the Senäts to reject this useless new bureaucracy cluttering up El Lexhatx. Although there's nothing that stops the incoming Government handing out whatever bogus certificates they see fit

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on February 04, 2023, 02:47:32 PMGoing to advise the FreeDems majority in the Senäts to reject this useless new bureaucracy cluttering up El Lexhatx. Although there's nothing that stops the incoming Government handing out whatever bogus certificates they see fit
The "Register of Talossan Enterprises" already exists in the law.  This would just be replacing that function, which has never been used (the responsible ministers never even bothered to create it!) with a similar function that actually was used.

Üc R. Tärfă

This bill has already been submitted to committee, but I must point out that the relevant subsection in the Lexhatx is § D.2.8.10 and not § D.2.8.9

Moreover, I'd like to suggest to modify the last subsection proposed.

The «For example [...] discouraged» part is written in a language suited for a resolution and not a law. I'd suggest to remove it altogether.

The last sentence I suggest to modify it in this way:

QuoteThe Bureau might provide a fancy certificate to any registered business.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Should I make the latter change, would you vote for the bill?

Üc R. Tärfă

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on March 25, 2023, 09:45:40 PMShould I make the latter change, would you vote for the bill?

I made suggestions to improve a small part of the language of the bill, it doesn't change anything on how your system will work of its substance.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)