Statement on the FreeDems/PdR Legislative Blockade

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, May 31, 2022, 07:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I thought an important point was made clear when the TNC pulled out of the coalition with the FreeDems last session after the former Seneschal wrongly assumed that threats would cow any TNC member. Point being ultimatums, threats, gauntlets or whatever branding you want to use are not the right methods to achieve whatever you are seeking. Now you threaten a hostile and unparliamentary blockade of legislation, and we decline to reward you for it.

For clarity's sake let me spell it out for you: There will be no cooperation with the FreeDems or the PdR on this issue under duress.

We will continue to offer legislation to improve the daily life of Talossans and answers their concerns, and the Government is free to vote it down and explain to voters why they rejected real solutions in favor of thuggish political maneuvers designed to compel that which you did not achieve at the ballot box.

Breneir Tzaracomprada
Talossan National Congress
Party Leader

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

What would be the correct method then? We have asked you politely several times. It's really a shame on the TNC that this whole unpleasantness is necessary; monarchy reform is what the party said it wanted! You can end this now without doing anything that you haven't already pledged to do. As I mentioned in another thread, this will only continue for as long as the TNC persists in its dishonesty.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

As a supplement to our party statement the TNC is delighted to direct Talossans to our legislative tracking thread where we will work to ensure you know how many bills at present the Free Democrats and the PdR have blocked.

https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=1471.msg12393#new

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight