The Investitures Act

Started by Eðo Grischun, February 29, 2020, 12:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eðo Grischun

WHEREAS it is a plank of the coalition government to introduce legislative proposals that seek to create explicit cultural duties for the Monarch, and

WHEREAS current law allows for the awarding of various National Decorations, so

THEREFORE be it enacted by the Ziu assembled that El Lexhatx F.40.2 which currently reads:

QuoteDecorations are awarded for gallantry, civilian bravery, or meritorious services. While similar to National Orders, they may or may not be created by the sovereign and conferred by either the Crown's designee or a Governmental Body; and are traditional worn on the left side of the jacket or dress. Decorations may also entitle recipients to usage of post-nominals.

is hereby amended to read:

Decorations are awarded for gallantry, civilian bravery, or meritorious services. While similar to National Orders, they may or may not be created by the Sovereign and conferred by either the Crown's designee or a Governmental Body; and are traditionally worn on the left side of the jacket or dress. Decorations may also entitle recipients to usage of post-nominals.

Whenever a governmental body wishes to grant a Decoration to a citizen it shall communicate this intent to the Sovereign.  Once per Cosa, and during the final Clark of a Cosa, the Sovereign shall conduct an Investitures Ceremony where the recipients of these awards shall be announced.  The Sovereign shall formally present award insignia to those recipients on behalf of the body conferring the award.

Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Açafat del Val

Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Açafat del Val on March 02, 2020, 02:35:18 PM
Micked.

Making the same changes as suggested for the State Opening Bill (ie: Monarch to Sovereign). 

By the way, am I to take your Micking as a co-sponsoring or are you just voicing support?
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Eðo Grischun

Also, fixing a spelling error I just found in the original first paragraph (traditional to traditionally)
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Is this a serious attempt at a national honors system? It's been a long time since the king has given any honors. I'd like to see a similar system to the U.K. where the PM advises the monarch on honors. A lot of people have been, in my opinion, overlooked.

(Sorry! I hit 'modify' instead of 'quote'.  The content of your post has not been changed.  I shouldn't even be able to do that outside of Immigration???  Eddie.)
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă on March 03, 2020, 08:22:22 AM
Is this a serious attempt at a national honors system? It's been a long time since the king has given any honors. I'd like to see a similar system to the U.K. where the PM advises the monarch on honors. A lot of people have been, in my opinion, overlooked.

(Sorry! I hit 'modify' instead of 'quote'.  The content of your post has not been changed.  I shouldn't even be able to do that outside of Immigration???  Eddie.)

Yes.  Well, it's a starting point.  I want to go much further, but I'm loathe to start messing around with the King's Organic privileges as I fear we won't get enough support.  So, I'm starting here with the Decorations, ie: the stuff that we can play with without verging into the Organic.

Once we have the concepts of awards being granted by recommendation and investitures, then we can later look at the rest of the system.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on March 03, 2020, 08:00:14 AM
By the way, am I to take your Micking as a co-sponsoring or are you just voicing support?

In the past, I have always translated that into a co-sponsoring without asking (to mick = to second, after all), although that might have been just me yearning for co-sponsorships to become mainstream again. There have been recent cases of requests for cosponsorship not even being taken into account by the author...
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă on March 03, 2020, 08:22:22 AM
Is this a serious attempt at a national honors system?

... we established a National Honours System at the end of the last Cosa, Eddie is just amending it.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan