Tric'hard Lenxheir

Does anyone have the text of the Oath of Citizenship
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on August 04, 2022, 10:38:33 PM
Does anyone have the text of the Oath of Citizenship

El Lexhatx E.9:

QuoteFrom this day forward, I pledge my loyalty, allegiance, and fidelity to the Kingdom of Talossa and to His Majesty's government. I solemnly affirm that I will support and uphold the Organic Law of the Kingdom of Talossa, defend the realm against all enemies, both foreign and domestic, faithfully observe its laws, respect the rights and freedoms of all my fellow citizens, fulfill all my duties and obligations as a citizen of the Kingdom of Talossa, and humbly appreciate the benefits granted unto me by my King, most especially when those benefits take the form of Talossan currency.

I'd forgotten that it doesn't include a personal oath of obedience to the King, but specifically the King's government. And there was a huge controversy at the time of Reunision about whether making that oath made peacefully advocating for a Republican or even a less-monarchist form of government treason. Consensus was it didn't, and if it had Reunision would have been cancelled.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

In 2012:

"From this day forward, I pledge my loyalty, allegiance, and pious fidelity to the Kingdom of Talossa, to her sovereign King, and to His Majesty's government. I solemnly affirm that I will support and uphold the Organic Law of the Kingdom of Talossa, defend the realm against all enemies, faithfully observe its laws, respect the rights and freedoms of all my fellow citizens, fulfill all my duties and obligations as a Talossan, and humbly appreciate the benefits granted unto me by my King, most especially when those benefits take the form of Talossan currency."
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Ha ha, I'm glad we changed that

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Time for another trip down history lane. There was a lot of talk at the time about how the oath of citizenship as it existed back then made it treasonous or something for us former Republicans to continue to advocate for Republicanism. One former Republican forced the issue by saying "if you actually expect me to abide by this then I withdraw my oath". To which the SoS at the time* said "fine, your citizenship is cancelled". To his eternal credit, AD himself argued that this was totally illegal, and so it was affirmed by the Courts.

This is why I dearly wish we had a real Talossan history, written by real historians, so we don't have to keep forgetting our history and thus repeating it.

* Currently doing hard time for sexual assault.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 04, 2022, 11:43:08 PM
Time for another trip down history lane. There was a lot of talk at the time about how the oath of citizenship as it existed back then made it treasonous or something for us former Republicans to continue to advocate for Republicanism. One former Republican forced the issue by saying "if you actually expect me to abide by this then I withdraw my oath". To which the SoS at the time* said "fine, your citizenship is cancelled". To his eternal credit, AD himself argued that this was totally illegal, and so it was affirmed by the Courts.

This is why I dearly wish we had a real Talossan history, written by real historians, so we don't have to keep forgetting our history and thus repeating it.

* Currently doing hard time for sexual assault.

I represented Judah Benjamin in Cort when we sued to help him retain his citizenship.

https://talossa.proboards.com/thread/7903/benjamin-chancery

It was a real bummer to find out he wasn't a real person, later.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on August 05, 2022, 09:05:56 AM
I represented Judah Benjamin in Cort when we sued to help him retain his citizenship.

https://talossa.proboards.com/thread/7903/benjamin-chancery

It was a real bummer to find out he wasn't a real person, later.

It was a triple bummer to find out that him and about 12 other people were imaginary and had voted for my party!