[STUFF] Clarification about the role of La C'hronica

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, August 10, 2022, 03:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The Ministry of STUFF would like to respond to and clarify certain statements made in the partisan press of the Talossan National Congress, to whit:

QuoteIn three successive issues of the official Government news, L'Chronica, they inexplicably failed to mention their own blockade

1. The name of the Government's official news sheet is La C'hronica.

2. La C'hronica is prohibited by law from publishing articles referring to political parties by El Lexhatx 1.2.2.5.2, which would prohibit the SoS from distributing any issue which contained such articles. (The previous Secretary of State, Glüc da Dhi, rejected certain articles for La C'hronica on precisely this point).

3. Talossa has a fine tradition of a partisan press, and a not-so-fine tradition of a press which tells outright lies for partisan benefit. It would be embarrassing if the latter were coming back, and I hope the TNC's honourable members will not support it.

4. The apparent surrender of the TNC's Anti-Monarchy Reform Blockade is a more pleasant topic that will be dealt with later.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Glad I could help. But seriously: if you think we should delete  El Lexhatx C.1.2.2.5.2, then I'll consider it. But I would never have thought that the Opposition would support the Government parties blowing their own horn about how great they are and how embarrassing the Opposition are, in every citizen's mailbox once a month? I certainly never want to set a precedent that La C'hronica will become the TNC Newsletter if you guys should ever gain power.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan