News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Ending the Boycott of TNC Legislation

Started by Ian Plätschisch, July 24, 2022, 12:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

Boycotting the TNC legislation over their failure to make any statement on promised Monarchy reform was not the right thing to do.

Not because it didn't produce any results, or that I've been convinced it's not an appropriate tactic. We knew going in that the TNC might not respond, and I stand by ethics of our decision.

It wasn't the right thing to do because it has made participating in Talossa way less enjoyable for everyone. I expected everyone to get spirited, instead everyone got downright pissed at each other and it's made Wittenberg a real drag. I've gotten several reports from my Ministers that it's more and more difficult to get motivated to be engaged, and I don't imagine that having to read through lots of people yelling at each other is fun for anyone. I can see my own posts getting snarkier and angrier and I don't like it; that's not the person I want to be.

It's my duty as Seneschal to make people want to be Talossans; all that the boycott has accomplished is make people want to flee for the hills. It's not healthy, and so it's ending now.

Based on their willingness to agree to the joint statement here, I believe that the TNC will accept this olive branch. I hope they recognize that a lot of their discourse has come off as either plainly contemptuous or slyly calculated to push the FreeDem's buttons. I know this gets said a lot, but everyone (including me) needs to remember that there are real people behind the screen. Talossa is not a role playing game; being a jerk has consequences.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God." -Matthew 5:9

Long live Talossa! Long live the King!

Ian Plätschisch,
Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I'm glad to see an end to the blockade.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein