News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Mencei?

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, April 16, 2022, 09:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

With the Cosa just completing its election for their Túischac'h does the Senate need to hold an election for Mencei?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

In accordance with the standing rules of the Senate, the Mençei is chosen at the beginning of each term.  It says in the absence of a Mençei, the Dean of the Senate shall conduct the election.  However, there is a sitting Mençei (me), so I believe it falls to me to conduct the election.

Thus, pursuant to Standing Rules 2.3, "The Acting Mençei shall allow for nominations to be lodged for a period of at least a week from the beginning of a term. Should a Senator receive nominations from a majority of Senators, the nomination period shall end and the Senator be considered duly elected; otherwise, a ballot shall be held using Instant Runoff Voting. Seniority shall resolve any ties that may occur during any stage of elimination."

So, from this date (4/17), senators have 1 week (until 4/24) to lodge nominations for Lord President.  Should a senator receive nominations from a majority, that shall conclude the election.  Otherwise, we shall proceed at indicated.  Please make your nominations in this thread.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

*quickly changes hats*

At this time, I would like to nominate myself to continue as Mençei.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

GV

Quote from: Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu on April 17, 2022, 04:30:06 PM
*quickly changes hats*

At this time, I would like to nominate myself to continue as Mençei.

I am glad to throw my support behind ESB being Mencei for another term. - GV

Ian Plätschisch

I support the nomination.

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

A reminder to our other Senators that any nominations for Lord President are due before 4/24...  As it currently stands there is only one candidate nominated but not enough nominations to forego the election process.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I support the nomination for ESB to continue as Mencei.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Apologies for the delay.  With 5 nominations submitted before the 4/24 deadline, and according to the standing rules of the Senate, I will continue another term as Lord President.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

GV

Quote from: Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu on April 25, 2022, 04:18:17 PM
Apologies for the delay.  With 5 nominations submitted before the 4/24 deadline, and according to the standing rules of the Senate, I will continue another term as Lord President.

As you should.  Many congrats.