[Terpelaziun] For the Seneschal: What's the Plan?

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, June 19, 2022, 11:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Estimat Seneschál del Regipäts Talossán:

The Ministră dal Cúltură recently announced that her only planned event, a Twitch trivia contest, was postponed indefinitely.  Nothing else seems to be planned or happening.

The Ministreu dal Zefençù has only posted once in the past couple of months, and nothing at all has happened in that ministry as far as I can tell.  Recent applicants to the Zuavs don't seem to have gone anywhere, and are not reflected on that organization's rolls.  The entire thing seems to be defunct once more.  His lone post was in response to a terpelaziun, and said that he was busy at work -- okay, but surely after the last eight months we can't be expected to give him the benefit of the doubt, right?

The Ministră à Savanar da Talossa àls Ultra-Fiovaes Folăs and Ministră dal Tec'hnoloxhà recently announced in a lengthy speech that there are a ton of problems, but that she didn't really want these jobs and lacks the skills to fix most of those problems.  She also doesn't seem to have the time to attend to the tasks that are within her capabilities.  She has made three edits to the wiki this year, and doesn't seem to have ever worked the social media.  Those are her direct responsibilities, and she possesses all the technical knowledge necessary to attend to them -- to tweet something, put something on Facebook, to keep the bare minimum on the wiki updated.

In other words, you seem to be doing your job, and Distain Ministreu Autofíl seems to be doing his job with ID cards.  But no one else seems to be.  So I suppose my question is this: is there a plan for otherwise improving the state of affairs?  Have you, for example, given the Ministreu dal Zefençù a warning?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

I thank the honorable member for his question. It's always good to get a jolt of accountability.

I can provide the following updates:
-The Minister of Defense has assured me that he will soon be getting a lot less busy at work, and will proceed to tackling one of the coalition agreement items for his Ministry every week. He will also start more actively managing the Zuavs. He will gladly answer additional Terps directed at him.
-The Twitch trivia contest is not postponed indefinitely, we just need to find someone to host it. We are working on that now.
-We will resume posts to social media, which we admit have been lacking. With regard to wiki updates, I restarted the "Seneschal's Days of Observance" program to encourage wiki editing. It has unfortunately failed to spur the same level as activity as the first time (at least so far).

Thank you for your reply.

In February of last year, your predecessor as Seneschal promised that -- after a brief period of being busy -- he would be "returning to daily activity here on Witt" and getting to work.

Needless to say, this did not happen.  Despite repeated assurances from the Government that he was definitely on top of things and actively managing matters behind the scenes, the Seneschal remained effectively absent the entire term.  The people of Talossa have still not received an apology from those who covered for him.

After such treatment, I think it is not out-of-order to request specifics.  The people received vague assurances last time, and it did not serve them well.  Accordingly, I have several further inquiries along this same line.  I believe they are all topical issues of your management of the Government and related to your reply, estimat Seneschal, but I am happy to lodge individual terpelaziuns to the ministers in question if you think this is venturing too far afield.

Accordingly:

At what specific date can we expect that the Ministreu dal Zefençù will begin his duties?  And what will that entail?

At what specific date can we expect the first MinCult event?

At what specific date will social media posts and updating of the wiki's most basic information resume, and with what frequency?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

1. Based on the conversations we've had, I expect the Minister of Defense to begin work next week. I encourage you to ask him a Terp for specifics.
2. I do not have a specific date for the trivia night yet.
3. The current plan is to resume weekly social media posts within the week.

Thank you for your prompt reply, estimat Seneschal.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

... I hesitate to step on the Seneschal's toes, but in fact social media posting resumed two days ago. It's thought provoking that neither the Seneschál nor the Opposition noticed!

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 23, 2022, 03:57:29 PM
... I hesitate to step on the Seneschal's toes, but in fact social media posting resumed two days ago. It's thought provoking that neither the Seneschál nor the Opposition noticed!

That post was made two days after my initial question. I have many skills, but time travel is not among them. I am glad you were so responsive, though.