News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

57PD03: Day of the Teacher

Started by Ian Plätschisch, July 18, 2022, 09:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

WHEREAS To encourage citizens to update the wiki, I have promised to declare a day of observance at the request of any citizen who makes twenty updates, and

WHEREAS Our Secretary of State Txec dal Nordselva has made twenty edits and requested that I proclaim a day in celebration of teachers

THEREFORE I declare July 19th, 2022 the Day of the Teacher

Ian Plätschisch,
Seneschal

Ian Plätschisch

Back during lockdown times, a math youtuber I follow streamed a series of live lectures. They were aimed at high schoolers, but I enjoyed watching some of them as well, especially this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAEASE5GjdI

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on July 18, 2022, 09:00:22 PM
WHEREAS To encourage citizens to update the wiki, I have promised to declare a day of observance at the request of any citizen who makes twenty updates, and

WHEREAS Our Secretary of State Txec dal Nordselva has made twenty edits and requested that I proclaim a day in celebration of teachers

THEREFORE I declare July 19th, 2022 the Day of the Teacher

Ian Plätschisch,
Seneschal

I am most grateful Estimat Seneschal. I will update the Wiki with our two newest holidays once the king signs the two PDs.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on July 18, 2022, 09:06:13 PM
Back during lockdown times, a math youtuber I follow streamed a series of live lectures. They were aimed at high schoolers, but I enjoyed watching some of them as well, especially this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAEASE5GjdI

I am sure that Baron Davinescu and myself have a lot of stories from the days of distance learning. It felt like we were building an airplane in mid-air.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Yeah, it sucked.  The worst thing about it was that it entrenched a bunch of pre-existing systemic inequalities: the kids who needed help the most couldn't get it.

Good choice for a day of celebration!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on July 18, 2022, 09:44:55 PM
Yeah, it sucked.  The worst thing about it was that it entrenched a bunch of pre-existing systemic inequalities: the kids who needed help the most couldn't get it.

Good choice for a day of celebration!

Yes, the unequal access to learning was devastating. I can honestly say I never worked as a teacher so hard during that time.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal