National Census Due?

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, July 12, 2022, 08:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM Are we nearing the time for the next National Census? I was not able to find information for a census in 2020 but assume it was done.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

The last census took place in June of 2021, and before that June of 2019. The next census will be in June of 2023.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on July 13, 2022, 06:40:07 AM
The last census took place in June of 2021, and before that June of 2019. The next census will be in June of 2023.

Understood.
What happened here in March 2018? Not trying to be difficult but genuinely curious.
This is a PD from Seneschal da Schir directing the SOS to conduct a census in March 2018 (https://talossa.proboards.com/thread/12560/national-census-prime-dictate-51pd01).
Did we have a census in both 2018 and 2019?
Or did the directed census in 2018 get delayed to 2019?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 13, 2022, 07:30:00 AM
Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on July 13, 2022, 06:40:07 AM

Understood.
What happened here in March 2018? Not trying to be difficult but genuinely curious.
This is a PD from Seneschal da Schir directing the SOS to conduct a census in March 2018 (https://talossa.proboards.com/thread/12560/national-census-prime-dictate-51pd01).

Senator, I have no information on any census activity prior to my tenure as Secretary of State. You would need to ask my predecessors.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Understood.

Hmmm, thank you.
@Lüc do you have any insight?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 13, 2022, 08:34:46 AM

Understood.

Hmmm, thank you.

Mhm, as per the Wiki,

Quotea Prime Dictate by then-Prime Minister Lüc da Schir, calling for a third Census in March 2018, ultimately fell flat due to personal issues by the Secretary of State.

With the Chancery changing hands at the end of the 51st Cosa, a third Census would ultimately launch with little fanfare in January 2019, right before the elections to the 52nd Cosa.

I know I wrote that bit myself, so I trust this to be accurate :)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Lüc on July 13, 2022, 08:53:40 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 13, 2022, 08:34:46 AM

Understood.

Hmmm, thank you.

Mhm, as per the Wiki,

Quotea Prime Dictate by then-Prime Minister Lüc da Schir, calling for a third Census in March 2018, ultimately fell flat due to personal issues by the Secretary of State.

With the Chancery changing hands at the end of the 51st Cosa, a third Census would ultimately launch with little fanfare in January 2019, right before the elections to the 52nd Cosa.

I know I wrote that bit myself, so I trust this to be accurate :)

Excellent, that clears up my confusion, Lüc. Thanks very much!

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Lüc

Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I jumped the gun in my initial posts but am hopeful that the time has really come now.

@Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB Mr. Secretary, I imagine the process is pretty straightforward and you are an experienced SOS, but should the Chancery have any questions or need any assistance with the National Census please do not hesitate to reach out to the Cabinet.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 06, 2023, 01:05:45 PMI jumped the gun in my initial posts but am hopeful that the time has really come now.

@Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB Mr. Secretary, I imagine the process is pretty straightforward and you are an experienced SOS, but should the Chancery have any questions or need any assistance with the National Census please do not hesitate to reach out to the Cabinet.

The process is not as straightforward as you would imagine it to be. I will need to get in touch with MPF and figure out how to trigger the census. Also, if the skills inventory is to be included, I don't even know how to implement that.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on June 06, 2023, 01:55:52 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 06, 2023, 01:05:45 PMI jumped the gun in my initial posts but am hopeful that the time has really come now.

The process is not as straightforward as you would imagine it to be. I will need to get in touch with MPF and figure out how to trigger the census. Also, if the skills inventory is to be included, I don't even know how to implement that.

Understood, I suspect I speak for the Cabinet generally, but I am at your service.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 06, 2023, 01:58:18 PM

Understood, I suspect I speak for the Cabinet generally, but I am at your service.

@Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB Mr. Secretary have you heard anything from @mpf concerning this year's census?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 27, 2023, 12:11:30 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on June 06, 2023, 01:58:18 PM

@Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB Mr. Secretary have you heard anything from @mpf concerning this year's census?

@Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB Mr. Secretary I wanted to bump this inquiry just in case you missed.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Yes I did miss the last post. I don't have any information I will reach out and get back to you.

Full disclosure I'm on vacation and today dealing with a family emergency. I will do what I can.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on July 03, 2023, 06:17:55 PMYes I did miss the last post. I don't have any information I will reach out and get back to you.

Full disclosure I'm on vacation and today dealing with a family emergency. I will do what I can.

Thank you Txec. I hope that there is a positive resolution to what is going on with your family.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight