Coat of Arms Request for Bråneu Excelsio

Started by Bråneu Excelsio, July 18, 2022, 05:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

@Bråneu Excelsio , did we ever take care of this? Let's get the next honours set up.  Also, the file from the Fulbright Fellow seems to have taken a runner -- do you happen to have the design, and are you still happy with it?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Bråneu Excelsio

Carlüs helped me by making my design! I just checked my messages and his links are still up online on Dropbox :)

I'd like to change it given the opportunity to do it, but no rush really, I know you're getting better, @Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat (:

Thanks, Baron!

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Hey @Bråneu Excelsio I'd be glad to change it up for you before it's official. Did you have a specific change in mind?
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on April 04, 2023, 03:15:06 PMHey @Bråneu Excelsio I'd be glad to change it up for you before it's official. Did you have a specific change in mind?
Yes!
I'll send you a PM.

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

After much discussion and design with the armiger, I submit the following arms to El Coletx for approval:

QuotePer fess indented, or and vert. In chief a laurel of coffee branches proper, in base a bar azure and tiger passant proper langued gules.

-TFF

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Under the rules of heraldry, you can't place a color on a color. The blue bar placed on top of the green background does not provide sufficient contrast. Check rule 2.1 and 2.2 on this. The blazon and emblazonment won't pass muster.

-SVA/REH
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on June 27, 2023, 10:58:41 AMUnder the rules of heraldry, you can't place a color on a color. The blue bar placed on top of the green background does not provide sufficient contrast. Check rule 2.1 and 2.2 on this. The blazon and emblazonment won't pass muster.

-SVA/REH

Understood, I will work with the armiger and resubmit. Thank you for your review and guidance!

-TFF

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

I reconvened with the armiger and have adjusted the blazon thusly:

QuotePer fess indented, or and vert. In chief a laurel of coffee branches proper, in base a bar argent and tiger passant proper langued gules.

-TFF

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

This design has a complexity of five, so it isn't breaking any guideline, but it's certainly busy.  Honestly, there are two simple and powerful escutcheons here -- like it almost visually reads as someone combining Per fess indented, or and vert. In chief a laurel of coffee branches proper. and Vert, a bar argent and tiger passant proper langued gules.  Still, de gustibus non est disputandum.

I believe that there is good contrast between the elements, and so it is acceptable.

-Dean
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

I thank the Dean for his consideration.

-TFF

I agree it is busy but it does pass the rules of heraldry.

-SVA/REH
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat on June 28, 2023, 08:43:11 AMI reconvened with the armiger and have adjusted the blazon thusly:

QuotePer fess indented, or and vert. In chief a laurel of coffee branches proper, in base a bar argent and tiger passant proper langued gules.

-TFF

Nice. Busy but very nice, yes.

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

With our apologies, in looking over the RTCoA board, I realized we never asked the King to grant these arms. I've petitioned His Majesty to grant them at the next day of honours on 26 December.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Béneditsch Ardpresteir

Béneditsch Ardpresteir, Esq., O.SPM, PMPA
Squirrel King of Arms, Royal Talossan College of Arms; The Noir Eagle Herald
Member, Royal Talossan Bar; Vice Admiral, Royal Talossan Navy; Owner-Schneiderian Steels

Formerly:
Justice of the Uppermost Cort; Attorney General; Deputy Immigration Minister; Senator; Member of the Cosa; Undersecretary of State; Premier & Provincial Secretary, Maricopa; Chancellor of the O.SPM; Dean, RTCoA; Jolly Good Fellow