[Terpelaziun] STUFF Minister - August 2022

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, August 03, 2022, 03:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Mr. Túischac'h:

This terpelaziun is for the STUFF Minister. As we approach the midpoint of this Administration I note there have been only 3 or 4 posts on our Twitter account with the last post being three weeks ago. Please update the Ziu on plans to better use social media to promote the Kingdom.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Glad you asked me that. The operation of Talossa's social media accounts are currently delegated to the Chancery. The Chancery is currently occupied with what they consider more pressing affairs - the replacement of the National Database, and the temporary assumption of the Burgermeister's office. MinSTUFF is not happy with the relative quiescence of the national social media accounts, but it's 'down the list of priorities', as it were. Communication of important affairs is covered by La C'hronica, and outreach to the non-Talossan public seems to be going all right without the social media firing on all cylinders.

It's a sad fact that we have to prioritise work because we can't do everything all at once - unless, that is, we get more people putting their hands up. I should point out, by the way, that if any citizen observing is keen to step up and help STUFF with social media - if they have a plan, or if they are keen to do the work themselves - I encourage them to contact me.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 03, 2022, 04:23:31 PM
Glad you asked me that. The operation of Talossa's social media accounts are currently delegated to the Chancery. The Chancery is currently occupied with what they consider more pressing affairs - the replacement of the National Database, and the temporary assumption of the Burgermeister's office. MinSTUFF is not happy with the relative quiescence of the national social media accounts, but it's 'down the list of priorities', as it were. Communication of important affairs is covered by La C'hronica, and outreach to the non-Talossan public seems to be going all right without the social media firing on all cylinders.

It's a sad fact that we have to prioritise work because we can't do everything all at once - unless, that is, we get more people putting their hands up. I should point out, by the way, that if any citizen observing is keen to step up and help STUFF with social media - if they have a plan, or if they are keen to do the work themselves - I encourage them to contact me.

I thank the Minister for her reply. And I also appreciate the Minister's honest admission of displeasure with the current state of the nation's social media. Since the Minister indicates this is another task delegated to the Chancery I would invite the Secretary of State or other responsible designee to update the nation on any future intentions by the Government to better utilize our social media.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on August 03, 2022, 05:35:35 PM

I thank the Minister for her reply. And I also appreciate the Minister's honest admission of displeasure with the current state of the nation's social media. Since the Minister indicates this is another task delegated to the Chancery I would invite the Secretary of State or other responsible designee to update the nation on any future intentions by the Government to better utilize our social media.

Senator, thanks for the question. I believe we've gone over similar ground in the past. As Secretary of State, I update the social media when I have something to update, for example, I just posted about the new issue of L'Chronica (I probably mispelled that). Several months ago I was given some suggestions for additional posts, but it has not been a priority. I would invite other citizens, if they have suggestions. to PM me with information and links I can add. Other than that, I am doing what I can.

Thank you.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on August 03, 2022, 06:25:40 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on August 03, 2022, 05:35:35 PM

Senator, thanks for the question. I believe we've gone over similar ground in the past. As Secretary of State, I update the social media when I have something to update, for example, I just posted about the new issue of L'Chronica (I probably mispelled that). Several months ago I was given some suggestions for additional posts, but it has not been a priority. I would invite other citizens, if they have suggestions. to PM me with information and links I can add. Other than that, I am doing what I can.

Thank you.

I thank the Secretary of State for his answer. And express my hopes that the STUFF Ministry and Chancery can do more than what has been done so far in the second half of the Administration. I will follow up as a marker in next month's set of terpelaziuns.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on August 03, 2022, 07:24:22 PM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on August 03, 2022, 06:54:02 PM
@Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM , you are invited to reply to the inquiry, if you are willing and able.

Sorry, I thought I already did?

Wha

Okay, weird. Yes, you did. Not sure why I only saw the proceeding comment and not your answer! Definitely should have noticed once I posted!

My apologies and my gratitude for your professionalism, as always.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on August 03, 2022, 06:40:10 PM
I thank the Secretary of State for his answer. And express my hopes that the STUFF Ministry and Chancery can do more than what has been done so far in the second half of the Administration. I will follow up as a marker in next month's set of terpelaziuns.

Estimat T'uischah, if I may pose a question of my own to the honorable Senator from Florencia as part of this terpelaziun? I'll ask the question first, and beg your leave if it is out of order:

Estimat Senator, I totally understand your concern about the social media. Would it be possible if whenever you post about cultural things, such as the youtube videos, to tag me so I see them? I'd post them on social media but sometimes posts get lost in the "great shuffle" of the "latest 59." I'd also like it if you or other citizens would send me interesting stuff to post. I'm not terribly creative or imaginative when it comes to social media.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

The senator is not under any compulsion to answer questions, but willing conversations are certainly in order.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on August 04, 2022, 07:11:49 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on August 03, 2022, 06:40:10 PM

Estimat T'uischah, if I may pose a question of my own to the honorable Senator from Florencia as part of this terpelaziun? I'll ask the question first, and beg your leave if it is out of order:

Estimat Senator, I totally understand your concern about the social media. Would it be possible if whenever you post about cultural things, such as the youtube videos, to tag me so I see them? I'd post them on social media but sometimes posts get lost in the "great shuffle" of the "latest 59." I'd also like it if you or other citizens would send me interesting stuff to post. I'm not terribly creative or imaginative when it comes to social media.

Yes, I will tag you here on Wittenberg itself, Secretary of State.
But there are quite a few Fora Talossa posts and announcements on our Facebook Wittenberg account which I believe you administer and are not liable to fall through the cracks like the "Latest 59" here on Wittenberg itself. Cross-posting these on our Twitter might be a good way to reach the non-Talossan community. Would you like for me to go back and tag you on each of these posts?

Edited to add: I have made 14 posts since April 24th regarding Fora Talossa and/or featuring the Talossan Book of Cuisine. All of these might be good for our Twitter account especially the Tastes of Talossa and the Book of Cuisine as well as the Talossan 101 series. Insofar, as I am able to ascertain they have not been crossposted.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Some good ideas, and frankly I hadn't even thought of it until now. Thanks.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal