The Secretary of State Responsibility Reform Bill

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, August 15, 2022, 07:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

WHEREAS the principle of the Royal Civil Service, including the Chancery, is that it should be free from political interference, and yet still responsible for its performance to the elected representatives of the people;

AND WHEREAS when the Royal Civil Service was established, this principle was put into effect such that the Secretary of State should be responsible to the chairs of the Two Houses of the Ziu, as well as to the Seneschal;

AND WHEREAS the current situation is that any one of those three persons can effectively dismiss the Secretary of State;

AND WHEREAS this is a little bit
too responsible;

BE IT ENACTED by the King, Cosă and Senäts in Ziu assembled that
El Lexhatx C.3.1 be changed to read as follows:

Quote3.1 The Secretary of State is appointed by the King on the recommendation of the Seneschál, and removed by the King on the recommendation of any two of the Seneschál, the Túischac'h or the Mençei for professional misconduct, inability to perform their duties due to incapacitation or failure to perform their required duties.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

It's statutorily advanced, but I don't see any issues with it.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein