[Terpelaziun] Defence Minister - August 2022

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, August 16, 2022, 03:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on August 02, 2022, 07:30:20 AM
Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on August 02, 2022, 07:23:59 AM
https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=1665.0

I thank the Seneschal for the rapid replacement and welcome @C.d.I. Nouacastra-Läxhirescu, MSC as this administration's second defence minister. As a courtesy, I notify the incoming minister that I will inquire as to initial actions and changes in mandate in two weeks, to give the new incumbent time to acquaint themselves.

Tuischac'h,

This terpelaziun is for the new Defence Minister. Please update the Ziu on your early progress as the new minister and describe any changes, if any, to your mandate.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

Honorable Tuischac'h,

I am exercising my ability to act on behalf of any Minister to answer this Terp myself. I have heard from the Honorable Minister that he is  currently in the middle of intensive medical training for his military unit and has not been able to devote much time to Talossan affairs. We are hoping he can become more active soon, but in the meantime the cabinet is exploring ways to move forward on Defense priorities. This will likely involve directing most of the Ministry's attention to the Royal Zouaves.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Most Honourable Seneschal, a brief point of order.  You assert your ability to act in the stead of your minister to answer this question, I believe under the provisions of D.2.1, which states that "anything that any Minister can do (officially), the Seneschal may (if he desires) do himself."  But I do not believe it is reasonable to interpret this provision in such a way as to completely nullify the very specific procedures of the terpelaziun process, which spell out specific procedures by which the Ziu may question the Government and which would otherwise be without meaning (Lehx.H.2).

However, I believe you are still acting well within your right here to answer the question in your minister's stead, since it is clear the minister is unavailable according to the legal definition of the term ("For the purpose of H.2.4, "unavailable" means being unable to access Witt, or its equivalent, for an acceptable and reasonable reason."  Lexh.H.2.5).  I hope that I am not splitting hairs here, but I'd hate to establish a precedent that the Seneschal may answer all terpelaziuns at will, since that would essentially discard H.2.4-8 and make meaningful oversight quite difficult.

Regardless, I thank you for your reply, and I hope that it is sufficient to the questioner.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

C.d.I. Nouacastra-Läxhirescu, MSC

Honorable Tuischac'h,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in my response. As mentioned above, I have not had too much time to devote to my external affairs due to the nature of my work. I currently work in medical/clinical trials, which takes up the majority of my time.

However, as the Defense Minister, I plan to completely reorganize the military of the Kingdom, which will allow citizens to enlist, or be commissioned based on macro-national education and experience. With this, I plan to create a structure that allows both officer and enlisted personnel to work together, and even offer small incentives based on the servicemember's respective branch of service. This will include military awards and badges, and a formal online training program that meets the servicemember's specific needs.

I plan to create a basic military introduction course, advanced military knowledge course, and offer speciality training for various components of the military.

These changes will affect the Bureau of the Navy and its sub-branches, and the Zouaves.
[div style="text-align:center;"]Cresti da Ion Nouacastra-Läxhirescu, MSC
Attorney, National Bar of Talossa
The Well-Met Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Tuischac'h and Minister Nouacastra-Läxhirescu,

Thank you for your reply. I commend you on the honorable line of work you are engaged in outside of Talossa. As a point of personal privilege and to explain why I commend you I want to explain that my brother was the beneficiary of clinical trials when facing a rare Stage IV cancer diagnosis.

Minister, you appear to have exciting plans for the Defence Ministry. As a courtesy, I inform you that I will be following up in next month's terpelaziuns as to the timelines of these plans.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight