former PM Mike P. recovering nicely from near-fatal COVID-19

Started by GV, August 19, 2022, 04:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

When I get the go-ahead, I'll copy-paste his public Facebook post (12 Aug. 2022) to this thread.  Suffice to say the last year saw the esteemed former PM and Leader of the Progressive Conservatives get a near-fatal case of COVID-19, a stark reminder this bug is no joke.

Mike is recovered to at least 95% of his pre-bug health, and his brain seems not to have been affected. 

The world needs more people like Mike P.  He continues to be one of the best parts of Talossa, and I know I speak for all in sending prayers, vibes, and white light to him and his family.

GV

GV

Mike P. says:

One year ago today (12 August 2022), I checked myself into the hospital.  I'd had Covid for two weeks and I was not getting any better, instead I was finding it harder and harder to breathe.  Some of you will remember that I dropped off the face of the earth for a couple of months last year - during that time, I was on a ventilator and unconscious.  I was in a medically-induced coma for 28 days straight, and even after I was considered awake, I was in a very fogged-out mental state due to the medications I was on.  Between hospital treatment, acute care treatment, a second hospital stay for pneumonia and a month and a half of physical therapy, I was finally able to return home in January. After coming home, I had to use a walker and a cane until I could walk on my own and it was at least a month before I could tackle the stairs.  Today, I am probably 95% recovered physically. I think I probably look ungainly when I walk, and I walk more slowly and tire more quickly than I did pre-hospital, but the progress I have made up to now is very visible to me and I continue to grow stronger each day. I know many of you were praying for me, and I believe that has made the difference. Early on, one of the doctors told my wife that I was going to die. I feel thankful every day that he was wrong and that I am still here, and I am thankful that I have had such a supportive family - my wife, kids, siblings and parents all helped me get through the interminable hospital stay and therapy, and helped me get back on my feet after returning home, and I will always remember and appreciate that.
*Edited to add*: I also am grateful for the nurses, doctors and therapists who kept me going and helped keep my spirits up.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Thank you for keeping us updated about him, and I'm glad he's doing well.  Please wish him well on behalf of all of Talossa.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein