[Wittenberg] Encryption

Started by Sevastáin Pinátsch, December 04, 2019, 03:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevastáin Pinátsch

Sites with our host (DoRoyal) come with free https encryption provided by Let's Encrypt. Might want to update the Cpanel  and Site configuration to point at the encrypted address.

It's not that we do anything critical here; more than unencrypted sites rank lower on search engine results (or at least Google has threatened such).
Sevastáin Pinátsch, Senator for Atatürk
#KARED

Sir Lüc

Good call! I've added HTTPS redirects for talossa.com, Wittenberg and the Wiki.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sevastáin Pinátsch

Quote from: Lüc on December 04, 2019, 05:41:41 PM
Thanks!
#KARED

Amada Merþedes

Quote from: Lüc on December 04, 2019, 05:41:41 PM

WHAT! NOW I CANT VIEW IT IN INTERNET EXPLORER 6 ON MY WIN 98 LAPTOP, OR INTERNET CHANNEL (POWERED BY OPERA) ON MY NINTENDO WII! ABSOLUTE OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

proudly written in comic sans

Sevastáin Pinátsch

#KARED

Sir Lüc

Coincidentally, I am currently restoring/renovating a (former) Windows 98 laptop, which I plan on using as a SSH client of sorts for my home servers.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Amada Merþedes

Quote from: Lüc on December 10, 2019, 06:44:07 AM
Coincidentally, I am currently restoring/renovating a (former) Windows 98 laptop, which I plan on using as a SSH client of sorts for my home servers.

How much RAM? If it has 512 it could run puppy, or bunsenlabs if you have 128

Sir Lüc

It has 256 MB, which is the maximum it could detect and was just upgraded from the meager 64 that it always had; and I am indeed planning on using Puppy, alongside either my boy XP or 2000 for retro purposes.

(I have a stripped down version of XP that I used in the past, but apparently regular XP should work fine on 256 MB)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Amada Merþedes

Quote from: Lüc on December 12, 2019, 06:06:05 AM
It has 256 MB, which is the maximum it could detect and was just upgraded from the meager 64 that it always had; and I am indeed planning on using Puppy, alongside either my boy XP or 2000 for retro purposes.

(I have a stripped down version of XP that I used in the past, but apparently regular XP should work fine on 256 MB)

I believe VirtualBox gives you 192 MB out the box on XP, so it should work fine.