News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

La Curantoina [Ep. 1 and 2]

Started by Sir Lüc, March 24, 2020, 10:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

In the spirit of "if nobody does it, I'm gonna do it myself" (see: Talomat), I'm "officially" launching the tentatively-named La Curantoina ("The Quarantine"), the Covid-prompted successor to the Talossan Evening Chat Show.

Very tentatively, we could have our first chat Thursday 26th at 5 PM TST (TDT) / 9 PM UTC. This is not final: this thread is also meant to see if there's enough turnout and if necessary change the day/time.

Anyone that would be willing to take part, please reply to this thread so that we can also decide on other details (eg. where? is it worth it for me to stream it for an audience or posterity?).
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sir Lüc

As for topics to discuss, I would rather not discuss politics or current (Talossan) affairs too much, honestly. I'm aiming for some sort of relaxed chat between friends, talking about what's going on and see where the discussion leads to. Not sure if this is shared or not (but if it's not, that's fine, I don't want to set the agenda unilaterally).

Also, I forgot to say that prospectives are very welcome to attend too! @Hal Glaze @Laurens Hughes @Dakota J. Parish @Mateus Rodrigues Pacheco
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Ian Plätschisch

I should be available then.

I think the previous version used Google Hangouts. We could (like everyone else on Earth apparently) use Zoom instead, which is quite easy to use, but I think the free version caps meetings with more than three people to 40 minutes.

Sir Lüc

I have no idea where Zoom came out of before this whole Covid thing began, but it has worked well for me so far. Do you know if we can get around the time limit by simply launching a new meeting?

Besides Zoom, I am also fine with Hangouts. Better than Skype at least, and I can't think of many other services (well, Discord/TS if we don't want video).
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Eðo Grischun

If the right platform is used then count me in.  It'll need to be something I can do with phone or tablet, otherwise I'll just need to be audience.

(also, please don't ban the idea of politics.  If the conversation flows into Talossan politics then I think that's fine)
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Sir Lüc

Come one, come all! So far, we should be five, with at least two more also considering taking part. The more, the merrier!

As for the platform, I'm currently leaning on Hangouts, which should be the one that most people already have and that has the least limitations.

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on March 24, 2020, 02:08:32 PM
(also, please don't ban the idea of politics.  If the conversation flows into Talossan politics then I think that's fine)

Sure, I have no problem with that. I was just making sure it's not too political, which might turn some off.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Will this be recorded and posted on YouTube as well?
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Sir Lüc

Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

The stream has been set up! Head to

to get a reminder (and to watch the chat when it's on).

EDIT: Private while it's processed, will un-private when done.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

Turns out I can't read and set the stream to 10 UTC instead of 9 (and also announced it for 10 UTC on Facebook despite mentioning 5, not 6, CDT). So we're going to start in around twenty minutes.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

We're on! (Currently just me, Glüc and Danihel.)

If you want to join, just message me! Otherwise, there's the youtube link to follow this live.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Whats the delay? It doesnt say that youre live right now.

NVM Its working now
#KingLüc2030

Sir Lüc

La Curantoina has ended! The chat of course, not the actual quarantine. If you were watching and wondering why it took me so long to write this, it's because we went on discussing the language.

The stream is being processed and will be re-watchable soon at the same link (it's private for now).

Thanks to all who took part, hopefully we'll have another one next week or so.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Viteu

Sorry I missed this. Perhaps we can do one over the weekend?
Viteu Marcianüs
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort

Former FreeDem (Vote PRESENT)