News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Citizen petition for Alejandro Aguirre

Started by Danihel Txechescu, October 31, 2022, 04:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danihel Txechescu

WHEREAS it has been more than a fortnight since Alejandro Aguirre [@alec_aguirre] first posted on Wittenberg, following his introduction to the citizens of the Kingdom by officers of the Immigration Ministry, and

WHEREAS he has, in that time, demonstrated an active, genuine, and continuing interest in Talossan life, culture, and language, and

WHEREAS he desires citizenship in the Kingdom of Talossa, and

WHEREAS by all indications it appears that he would be a loyal and dedicated citizen, and a credit to this nation if he obtains the grant of citizenship he requests, and

WHEREAS luck would have it, he is from the industrial, courageous and enterprising city of Monterrey, and gaining Talossan citizenship would complete his circle of luck, now

THEREFORE I, Danihel Txechescu, a citizen in good standing of the Province of Maricopa and of the Kingdom of Talossa, do by the present petition the Secretary of State @Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM to issue a grant of citizenship to Alejandro Aguirre, as specified by law.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Every single time we welcome a new citizen, it is a glorious day. Welcome, Alejandro!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I'm having difficulty figuring out which province to assign our soon to be newest citizen. Mexico is not specifically listed and while it's possible thr country is in Central America, there is listed continental Central America and insular Central America. My first inclination is Maricopa. Thoughts?
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă, GST on October 31, 2022, 11:51:10 PMI'm having difficulty figuring out which province to assign our soon to be newest citizen. Mexico is not specifically listed and while it's possible thr country is in Central America, there is listed continental Central America and insular Central America. My first inclination is Maricopa. Thoughts?
Some people say the Southern part of Mexico (past the Isthmus of Tehuantepec) belongs in Central America, but Mexico is in North America. Because of Mexico being Mexico, or maybe because of our State (Nuevo León) being so interrelated to Texas, I was assigned to Maricopa. In any case, I do feel Alejandro belongs in Maricopa, and that Bråneu should move North to the right province where he can organize all the poker tournaments our nation needs.

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă, GST on October 31, 2022, 11:51:10 PMI'm having difficulty figuring out which province to assign our soon to be newest citizen. Mexico is not specifically listed and while it's possible thr country is in Central America, there is listed continental Central America and insular Central America. My first inclination is Maricopa. Thoughts?
Living in Mexico I was assigned to Fiôvâ last July based on that same circumstance, because Mexico is not South nor Central America but North America too. It is listed in El Lexthal that "and all nations of the world not included elsewhere" are to be considered Fiôvâ.

Here is the thread about it.
https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=1536.msg12863#msg12863

Tric'hard Lenxheir

This nation has so many highly intelligent people that it really surprises me that this can't be easily figured out. The region referred to as Central America is NOT a continent, it is part of North America and includes multiple countries (including Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Belize, Panama and Honduras)
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Bråneu Excelsio

Ok I found something interesting.
Central America (which is a confusing name) is this, according to Wikipedia (English)

That's nice seven countries.
And North America (which is going to be confusing in a bit) is this (Wikipedia-English)

This 23 countries considered to be North american are:
- Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago, United States.

The Countries in bold are ALSO considered to be Central America so this countries have two different status BUT Mexico, USA and Canada (and the other countries not listed in Central America) are supposed to be North America.

So North America, just because, includes the 7 central american countries somehow.

But if we read El Lexthax we can see this:
Quote7.7. MARICOPA PROVINCE. Talossan citizens living in the following areas shall be assigned to Maricopa Province: the Wisconsin counties of Polk, Barron, St. Croix, Pierce, Dunn, Chippewa, Eau Claire, Clark, Pepin, Buffalo, Trempeleau, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Juneau, Adams, Vernon, Crawford, Richland, Sauk, Grant, Iowa, Lafayette, and Green; and the U.S. states of Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Hawaii, California, Arkansas and Louisiana. Overseas, the nations of South America (except Brazil) and all of continental Central America.

South and Central America are specified to be part of Maricopa.
But every country not considered to be Central America is considered North America. So Maricopa can't claim all the other countries but the ones specified to be Central America.

What? Ok. But wait, there's more.

I found this:
(Wikipedia-Spanish)
NORTH AMERICA

Canada-USA-Mexico (in the conception of spanish speaking countries)
Canada-USA-Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean (by "Anglo-Saxon and Germanic conception").
This conception considers North America to be Central America ALSO. (why? I don't know. But it is kind of upsetting tbh)

I mean

Why is the Anglo-Saxon and Germanic conception going both ways? I don't know.
("Costa Rica? Yeah totally North America. Costa Rica? Yeah that's totally Central America too")

This is kind of an international perspective issue.

Is there an easy answer? Not if we intend to do it properly.
Is there an easier answer?
Yeah, merge Maricopa and Fiova lol.
Is there an even easier answer?
El Lexhatx specifically and literally doesn't mention Mexico and we've stablished Mexico to be North America but not Central America.
(Along with Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Canada, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago and the United States.)
Yes.

This sounds like a great project for the Cosa to fix in the 58th.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Danihel Txechescu

Bråneu Excelsio

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: Danihel Txechescu on October 31, 2022, 04:32:55 PMTHEREFORE I, Danihel Txechescu, a citizen in good standing of the Province of Maricopa and of the Kingdom of Talossa, do by the present petition the Secretary of State @Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM to issue a grant of citizenship to Alejandro Aguirre, as specified by law.

Mick!
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

WHEREAS Alexandreu Prominè has completed all the legal requirements for admission to the Kingdom of Talossa, and has satisfied the nation and us of his interest in Talossan citizenship (the Best Thing Money Can't Buy), of his intention and desire to participate in our national life, and of his loyalty to the Crown, we are pleased and honoured hereby to admit Alexandreu Prominè to the exalted status of the 559th NATURALISED CITIZEN OF THE KINGDOM OF TALOSSA, and of the province of Fiova , with all the rights, privileges, and duties thereunto appertaining.

Done by my hand in the name of King John and under his Royal Seal this 03rd day of November in the year of the common era 2022, in the 13th year of the reign of our gracious sovereign King John, and of the independence of Talossa the 43th.

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretár d'Estat
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Bråneu Excelsio

Alexandreu Prominè

Thank you everyone for being so nice with me and demostrate real interest on knowing more about me and what i do on my daily living. Feels good to be part of this awesome community and hope that i can contribute with good ideas to make good friends that will perdure for years  :D