News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Wittequette question re: political party boards

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, December 12, 2022, 01:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă on December 12, 2022, 04:41:09 PMI don't believe that anyone has the right, myself included, to edit another persons posts. To me that is tantamount to censorship. With that said, board level moderators actually can't edit or outright delete anyone else's posts but their own.

... then what powers does a board moderator have? Now I'm utterly confused.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on December 12, 2022, 05:33:17 PM
Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă on December 12, 2022, 04:41:09 PMI don't believe that anyone has the right, myself included, to edit another persons posts. To me that is tantamount to censorship. With that said, board level moderators actually can't edit or outright delete anyone else's posts but their own.

... then what powers does a board moderator have? Now I'm utterly confused.

They can move posts and also delete them, but nothing is truly deleted as all deleted posts go into a recycle bin. Mods can also lock and sticky threads as well.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă on December 12, 2022, 06:02:28 PMThey can move posts and also delete them, but nothing is truly deleted as all deleted posts go into a recycle bin. Mods can also lock and sticky threads as well.

Understood. Then - would it be within the competence of mods of the FreeDems board to delete or move critical posts by TNC members, assuming that they were polite?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Since we've established by example that it is considered rude to debate a party's statements on their own board, and since the FreeDems actually want feedback on our decisions, I would suggest our party leader republish this on the main Wittenberg.