News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

[FORA TALOSSA] News Alert for 2 December 2022

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, December 02, 2022, 08:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Fora Talossa News Alert - TNC and RCT announce election coalition
FT News Alert for 2 December 2022 - TNC announces RCT support and pact ahead of Talossa's 58th General Election

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Guess it's full circle for "Mad Max" Carbonel:

2003: Intransigent monarchist and even at that stage, inveterate party-jumper. See G. Valcádac'h, A Nation Sundered, pp. 42 onwards. Bonus quote: "THE KING SHOULD REMOVE YOUR HEAD OFF THE TOP OF YOUR BODY"

2013: Intransigent Republican. Quits the then-ZRT because we weren't Republican enough (actually because we got tired of his unreliability on Cosă votes and
his continuous demands)

2022: Back to the GOD SAVE THE KING camp???

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on December 02, 2022, 01:13:37 PMGuess it's full circle for "Mad Max" Carbonel
I'm not sure that you're being respectful or kind to Mximo with the name-calling, here.  Earlier in this term, we all pledged to try raising the level of political discourse by improving how we treat each other -- let's try to stick to that even as election season approaches, if we can.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Colonel Carbonèl's record of political inconsistency and controversial statements is absolutely a fair point to raise if the TNC think an alliance with him is something that will attract, rather than repel, votes.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on December 02, 2022, 07:32:46 PMColonel Carbonèl's record of political inconsistency and controversial statements is absolutely a fair point to raise if the TNC think an alliance with him is something that will attract, rather than repel, votes.

And here we go...

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on December 02, 2022, 07:32:46 PMColonel Carbonèl's record of political inconsistency and controversial statements is absolutely a fair point to raise if the TNC think an alliance with him is something that will attract, rather than repel, votes.

I am sure you can make cogent political points, even critical ones, without being disrespectful or calling people names. You are a very skilled communicator.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir

Whilst I understand the above about being disrespectful, which is something we do need to do our best not to be, i cant help but notice that the criticisms, that Miestra has put forward in her first comment, and her follow up comments on how this will HELP the TNC, have not been address, yes you have every right to call out what you see as disrespectful behaviour, but not at the cost of avoiding valid political points, and using that as a Deflection.

So with the above said, what is, in your opinion, there to gain from this alliance, especially given Mximo's pattern of flip flopping, and valid points about why Mximo left the ZRT, that Miestra raised? These are valid points that i believe warrant a response from the TNC
Party Secretary of the Free Democrats of Talossa
https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?board=34.0
Talossans in Christ Church :-
http://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=294.0
Başbakan of Ataturk

Miestră Schivă, UrN

If the TNC's belief was that "respectful campaigning" mean that they would get to make alliances with some of the more bizarre and controversial figures in Talossan history - and then cry crocodile tears about "disrespect" when called out on this by their opponents - then get used to disappointment.

I'm not sure what requires explanation?  Mximo and the voters who might agree with his perspective have committed to supporting a potential TNC government after seeing the effective opposition and consistent activity for which we've advocated.  I don't really see how that obliges the TNC to defend every twist and turn in twenty years of his career in Talossa.

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on December 02, 2022, 09:15:04 PMIf the TNC's belief was that "respectful campaigning" mean that they would get to make alliances with some of the more bizarre and controversial figures in Talossan history - and then cry crocodile tears about "disrespect" when called out on this by their opponents - then get used to disappointment.

I think you're conflating criticism with disrespectful name-calling.  It's possible to make your point without inventing disrespectful nicknames for people.

The TNC meant it when we pledged with every other party to try to raise the level of discourse by trying to treat even our opponents with kindness and respect.  Even now that it's campaign season, we'll try our best to maintain that.

Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on December 02, 2022, 10:40:29 PMI'm not sure what requires explanation?  Mximo and the voters who might agree with his perspective have committed to supporting a potential TNC government after seeing the effective opposition and consistent activity for which we've advocated.  I don't really see how that obliges the TNC to defend every twist and turn in twenty years of his career in Talossa.

The fact the the TNC has confirmed a coalition with Mximo, of whatever kind, especially with an individual with such inconsistent positions and conflicts with parties/agreements such as this, over the years does, reflect on the TNC, and such associations do raise valid questions, which in general, is not unreasonable to expect an answer as how this does not reflect on the character of the TNC. I am not seeking an essay on the TNC's position on Miximo's entire political history, but raising a pattern of behaviour and asking how this does not reflect the TNC's values as a whole, given said associations, is a valid point to bring up, that is also pertinent to potential voters.
Party Secretary of the Free Democrats of Talossa
https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?board=34.0
Talossans in Christ Church :-
http://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=294.0
Başbakan of Ataturk

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on December 02, 2022, 08:22:02 AMFora Talossa News Alert - TNC and RCT announce election coalition
FT News Alert for 2 December 2022 - TNC announces RCT support and pact ahead of Talossa's 58th General Election

Bump

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Antaglha Xhenerös Somelieir on December 03, 2022, 06:49:28 AMThe fact the the TNC has confirmed a coalition with Mximo, of whatever kind, especially with an individual with such inconsistent positions and conflicts with parties/agreements such as this, over the years does, reflect on the TNC, and such associations do raise valid questions, which in general, is not unreasonable to expect an answer as how this does not reflect on the character of the TNC. I am not seeking an essay on the TNC's position on Miximo's entire political history, but raising a pattern of behaviour and asking how this does not reflect the TNC's values as a whole, given said associations, is a valid point to bring up, that is also pertinent to potential voters.

Okay, sure.  I'm not sure I can speak for Mximo, but I'd guess that probably he's impressed with the consistent effort and patriotism of the Talossan National Congress, as well as our roster of active Talossans who are eager to actually do stuff in the country.  Maybe he also thinks that six years of FDT government is more than enough, and that it's time for a change.

As for what this says about the Talossan National Congress, I don't know.  I guess maybe this: we're happy and eager to work with anyone who wants to forge a path to a more active and happy Talossan future, even if we don't agree on every issue now or in the past.

mximo

This is the kind of politics of the party in power. Out of context quotes from another era. Maybe the reason why I didn't receive an official invitation for the living cosa last month? For many years we have been painting a portrait of who I am without really knowing myself. The Freedems are very happy with the understanding to maintain the monarchy. They are the first to say that we have to move on. No party is really republican anymore and as a democrat I note that the population by referendum said no to a republic. Destroying past discussion forum archives is a practical thing. We keep quotes, to bury people, but I can't get quotes out to expose you. I thought reunification was an exercise in forgetting the past. Is it just me who is not entitled to forgiveness for actions committed during the civil war?

Now let's get back to the Freedem 6 months term in office?

Mximo Carbonèl
Mximo Carbonèl
Florencia Senator

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Just checking whether the TNC back their new allies' wild accusations that: a) Free Democrats made sure he wouldn't hear about about the Living Cosa; (b) we apparently "destroyed past discussion forum archives" (you mean these ones?)

The TNC have shown a pattern that they will make alliances with literally anyone and take on their howsoever wild policy proposals if they think it'll get them 1 more vote.  Who knows, the utter shamelessness of trying to build a party behind formerly intransigent Republican activists AND the most hardcore Monarchists might win elections in the short term. But at what cost to the possibility of coherent government afterwards?

As I said, I don't agree with Mximo about everything.  I don't think there was a conspiracy to keep him from the Living Cosa, for example. 

Another error is about how long the FDT has been in office.  It's not six terms -- it's actually eight!  That's added up to a total of six years, what with the regular no-business months and election months and whatnot. Our country desperately needs a change.

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on December 03, 2022, 04:15:29 PMThe TNC have shown a pattern that they will make alliances with literally anyone and take on their howsoever wild policy proposals if they think it'll get them 1 more vote.  Who knows, the utter shamelessness of trying to build a party behind formerly intransigent Republican activists AND the most hardcore Monarchists might win elections in the short term. But at what cost to the possibility of coherent government afterwards?

You say it very well: the problems with FDT government are so obvious that both ardent monarchists and ardent republicans have united around the ideals of activity and fun that our country so desperately needs.