News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Film 45

Started by King John, December 14, 2022, 12:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King John

A documentary-producing company called Film 45 got in touch with me last month, and I spent quite a while Monday afternoon having a really nice talk (on Zoom) with two young women who work for Film 45.  If I got the story right, one of the directors (or producers?) that their company works with has gotten interested in micronations and the whole "micronational" world; and these guys are doing preliminary research, trying to kind of scope out the whole shape of the topic, and figure whether it could be made into an interesting documentary.

They asked me a bunch of fairly predictable questions -- how I got into Talossa, what people do in Talossa, what sorts of controversies we've had, etc. --, and a couple of zingers I wasn't expecting, like what my experience of Talossa has taught me about human nature.   :-\

Anyway, they're interested in talking to other Talossans as well.  I said I'd tell y'all about what they're up to.  So, if you think you have something interesting to say about Talossa, or about micronationality in general, drop a line to Film 45's Programming Coordinator, Valerie Varghese, at ValerieV@film-45.com.  They seemed like really nice folks, and they were certainly interested in what I was telling them.

-- John Regeu

And by the way, Film 45 has a really interesting website, worth looking at.  http://www.film-45.com/

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Yes, the Seneschal has been working with them. They seem legit.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: King John on December 14, 2022, 12:17:55 PMA documentary-producing company called Film 45 got in touch with me last month, and I spent quite a while Monday afternoon having a really nice talk (on Zoom) with two young women who work for Film 45.  If I got the story right, one of the directors (or producers?) that their company works with has gotten interested in micronations and the whole "micronational" world; and these guys are doing preliminary research, trying to kind of scope out the whole shape of the topic, and figure whether it could be made into an interesting documentary.

They asked me a bunch of fairly predictable questions -- how I got into Talossa, what people do in Talossa, what sorts of controversies we've had, etc. --, and a couple of zingers I wasn't expecting, like what my experience of Talossa has taught me about human nature.   :-\

Anyway, they're interested in talking to other Talossans as well.  I said I'd tell y'all about what they're up to.  So, if you think you have something interesting to say about Talossa, or about micronationality in general, drop a line to Film 45's Programming Coordinator, Valerie Varghese, at ValerieV@film-45.com.  They seemed like really nice folks, and they were certainly interested in what I was telling them.

-- John Regeu

And by the way, Film 45 has a really interesting website, worth looking at.  http://www.film-45.com/

Thanks for giving contact information for the documentarians. Just reached out.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

The guy leading that studio, Peter Berg, has a remarkable pedigree.  Friday Night Lights!  Not a huge fan of this, though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Berg#Caitlyn_Jenner_controversy  Although I guess he isn't involved, as far as we know.

It's cool that the company made Good Night, Oppy!  That's on my to-watch list.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

King John

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on December 14, 2022, 01:33:43 PMYes, the Seneschal has been working with them. They seem legit.
That's right.  I should have mentioned that they contacted me at el Seneschal se suggestion.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on December 14, 2022, 06:03:38 PMNot a huge fan of this, though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Berg#Caitlyn_Jenner_controversy  Although I guess he isn't involved, as far as we know.

Jesus wept. Passing this on to the Seneschal to make sure that trans folk in Talossa will be safe dealing with these characters.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: King John on December 15, 2022, 12:33:57 AM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on December 14, 2022, 01:33:43 PMYes, the Seneschal has been working with them. They seem legit.
That's right.  I should have mentioned that they contacted me at el Seneschal se suggestion.

I have heard back from one of the producers. Will probably set a date for a conversation sometime after the holidays.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

GV

And John begins hacking at my Independence Day post!

One thing I'd love to see in such a documentary is footage of the Royal Archives.  This would be an excuse for me to get a new phone to replace my ancient one I could use for video or photos to help this project along.

If this project goes through, it would be about three years from now we might see something, from what pure instinct tells me. 

And yes, I hope John and Miestrâ both will have a big part in this, and that it will help in Reunision-of-the-heart.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: GV on December 26, 2022, 04:37:05 PMAnd John begins hacking at my Independence Day post!

One thing I'd love to see in such a documentary is footage of the Royal Archives.  This would be an excuse for me to get a new phone to replace my ancient one I could use for video or photos to help this project along.

If this project goes through, it would be about three years from now we might see something, from what pure instinct tells me. 

And yes, I hope John and Miestrâ both will have a big part in this, and that it will help in Reunision-of-the-heart.

Being one of the Kingdom's great historians I hope you are involved too, GV.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight