Star Wars: Andor

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, November 16, 2022, 03:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Please tell me there is someone out there enjoying Star Wars: Andor as much or more than me?
I have always loved Star Trek more than the Star Wars but this series has been a wonderful spectacle. Here is a snip from one of the series highlights: a monologue from Stellan Skarsgard as Luthen Rael on sacrificing for the Rebellion.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I've heard good things about the show, but I heard the same good things about the Mandalorian, and I couldn't make it past the 3rd episode of that. Maybe I'll have to give this another try. I've been enjoying the newest Trek shows, myself.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on November 16, 2022, 03:57:03 PMI've heard good things about the show, but I heard the same good things about the Mandalorian, and I couldn't make it past the 3rd episode of that. Maybe I'll have to give this another try. I've been enjoying the newest Trek shows, myself.

The setup in the first three episodes is slow on Andor, Baron. But there is a shift in the fourth and following episodes. It really picks up at Episode 7 with the 8th, 9th, and 10th episodes being just plain good science fiction regardless of franchise.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Baron Alexandreu Davinescu did you get a chance to check out Andor? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I think it's on Disney+, which I don't have right now.  When I have the chance, I'll be watching it at my friend's house who has that service.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein