News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

A resignation

Started by King John, March 31, 2020, 04:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King John

Esteemed fellow Talossans,

The sad task falls to me to announce, reluctantly, the resignation from the Uppermost Cort, effective immediately, of Senior Justice Ian Tamoran.  I'm sure you'll all join me in offering him the nation's deepest thanks for his long service in this rather difficult post and for his invariable good humour, kindness, and charity, and in wishing him all the best for the future.

S:reu Tamoran is truly a fine Talossan, and I'm proud to call him my friend.

I'm assured that he will shortly be addressing us directly.

-- John R

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: King John on March 31, 2020, 04:46:32 PM
The sad task falls to me to announce, reluctantly, the resignation from the Uppermost Cort, effective immediately, of Senior Justice Ian Tamoran.  I'm sure you'll all join me in offering him the nation's deepest thanks for his long service in this rather difficult post and for his invariable good humour, kindness, and charity, and in wishing him all the best for the future.

S:reu Tamoran is truly a fine Talossan, and I'm proud to call him my friend.

Notwithstanding certain controversial recent decisions made by Tamorán SJ, I am happy to endorse all of the King's fine wishes above.

I direct citizens to Organic Law VIII.2 (as revised by "Still Into This"):

QuoteIn the event of a vacancy in the Cort pü Inalt, any member of the Ziu may nominate a replacement. The nominee shall be approved by a two-thirds vote in the Cosa and a majority vote in the Senäts in favour of his appointment. Upon such approval, the King shall appoint the nominee as a Justice of the Cort pü Inalt and he shall then take his seat for life. The King may refuse to appoint the nominee, in which case the Ziu shall re-consider the nominee or nominate a new nominee. If after reconsideration of the nominee, two-thirds of the Cosa and a majority of the Senäts have approved the nomination, then the King may not refuse to appoint the nominee as a Justice of the Cort pü Inalt.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

GV

Ián, you are a fine Talossan and an even better person.  All the best for your non-Talossan and Talossan future.  Many, many thanks for your service in a difficult role.

GV, Senator - Fiôvâ

Sir Lüc

I echo the King and GV's sentiment. Congratulations to Ian for his service on the Court, and congratulations to @Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN for becoming the first female Senior Justice of the Uppermost Court (and 10th overall).
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă