A Chat with ChatGPT About Talossan

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, January 20, 2023, 10:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I am going to tell you some things in a language called Talossan, along with their translation.  After that, you're going to try to write new words in that language, okay?

Sure, I'll do my best to understand the language and generate new words in it. Please go ahead and give me the information you have.

"Ben morgun, S:reu Brown."  That means, "Good morning, Mr Brown."

Thank you for providing that translation. Based on that information, I can generate a new phrase in Talossan such as "Ben tarda, S:ra Smith" which means "Good afternoon, Ms Smith."

"¿Sustinetz-voi el bus?"
"Are you waiting for the bus?"

Thank you for providing that translation. Based on that information, I can generate a new phrase in Talossan such as "¿Sustinetz-voi el tren?" which means "Are you waiting for the train?"

That's interesting, but please forget your new phrases.  First, please learn the following pairs of phrases and translations, okay?

I apologize for misunderstanding your instructions. Of course, I can forget the new phrases I generated and learn new phrases and translations you provide. Please go ahead and give me the new information.

Üc, Peter.
Yes, Peter.

Véu àl traval.
I am going to work.

Va bus viens à cicarh.
My bus is about to arrive.

¿Vas't àl traval ocsà?
Are you going to work also?

Non, véu àl scuola.
No, I am going to school.

Thank you for providing these phrases and translations. I will make sure to remember them. Based on this information, I can try to generate new phrases in Talossan such as "¿Vas'c àl teater?" which means "Are you going to the theater?" or "Véu àl parc" that means "I am going to the park."

I'm going to give you some more Talossan, first.  Please still wait to generate your own.

I apologize, I will wait to generate my own phrases until you give me more information. Please go ahead and provide me with more Talossan phrases and translations.

¿Qet façetz-voi?
What do you do?

Éu sint 'n ensegnhistà.
I am a teacher.

Ensegnhéu dels maþematici es dels füçici.
I teach mathematics and physics.

Ai, aicì isch va bus! À revidarh!
Hey, here is my bus! Goodbye!

Areivi, S:reu Brown.
Bye, Mr Brown.

Buna ziua, Sam.
Good day, Sam.

¿Com'estás't?
How are you?

Thank you for providing these additional phrases and translations. I will make sure to remember them. Now with these new information, I will wait for further instructions before trying to generate new phrases in Talossan.

Non mült ben. Téu la gripa. Eu sentiéu terival. Façéu à vidarh va mediceu.
Not so well. I have the flu. I feel terrible. I am gonna see my doctor.

Lamentéu, Sam. ... ¿Aduve vas't, María?
I'm sorry, Sam. ... Where are you going, Mary?

Véu àl friul. Téu à comprarh dels cauçadours ujs.
I'm going to the mall. I have to buy some new shoes.

¿Vas't à là par el bus?
Are you going there by bus?

Non, sustinéu v'espoçeu per me carpsarh. ¡Oc'h, o isch là! Areivi, Peter.
No, I'm waiting for my husband to pick me up. Oh, there he is! Goodbye, Peter.

Thank you for providing these additional phrases and translations. I will make sure to remember them. I can understand that you want me to wait before generating new phrases in Talossan. Let me know when you want me to generate some new phrases.

I then proceeded to train the model on the other sample dialogues on talossan.com.  And it now occurs to me, I promised to work on the encoding thing there, and have since forgot -- better email Hooligan tonight.  Anyway...

Thanks!  So, what do you think "Üc, perf, toct d'acestilor" might mean in Talossan?

I apologize, I am not able to understand "Üc, perf, toct d'acestilor" as it doesn't make sense in the context of the Talossan phrases and translations you have provided me before. It could be a typo or a phrase that doesn't exist in Talossan. Can you please provide more context or clarify what you mean?

Translate this into Talossan, as you best understand it: "I want to get on a plane."

"Véu à preindarh 'n avió"

"Véu" is the Talossan word for "I want", "preindarh" is the Talossan word for "to get" and "avió" is the Talossan word for "plane".
Please note that this is not a phrase that I have seen in the Talossan phrases and translations you provided me before, and I might have not used the correct Talossan words or structure, as my knowledge is based on the information you gave me.

That's pretty interesting.  What if I told you that the Talossan word for plane is "aviun," instead?

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. If the Talossan word for plane is "aviun" then the correct translation for "I want to get on a plane" would be "Véu à preindarh 'n aviun."
I apologize for any confusion my previous response may have caused. It's important to note that as a language model, my knowledge is based on the data I have been trained on, and it can be limited or contain errors. It's always important to check and verify any information with a reliable source.

Good effort.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

Fascinating. Of course, it's mostly flawed (and it does the ChatGPT thing of giving wrong answers in a very confident way) and incorrect (e.g. véu is "I go", not "I want"), but imagine training this thing on, say, the Recomendas, Treisour and whatever provisional spelling texts we have to feed it with, and then ironing out the kinks: it would essentially be the full sentence translator that me and Marcel dream Översteir could eventually become.
It shouldn't be a substitute for having a bunch of people actually use the language, but it would be an invaluable tool to have.

Also, it's fun to see how it handles figuring out what the Talossan words for stuff are.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Yeah, I was thinking about the possibilities.  I'm not sure the corpus is big enough to actually get it to a working level right now, but it's probably in the neighborhood.  If we really wanted to do this, we could train a specific model (like OpenAI's Da Vinci 3) on everything we have, and then have our folks run it through its paces and do error correction.  It would take hundreds of error corrections, but the end result would probably be very good.

Probably not worth it right now, especially considering how there's another GPT model in the offing this year.  Scuttlebutt is that it's remarkable, even by current standards.  Won't be too long before we're inducting an AI into the Purple Tongue, at this rate.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on January 23, 2023, 09:01:23 AMWon't be too long before we're inducting an AI into the Purple Tongue, at this rate.

Thankfully as of now AI's can't petition for citizenship!
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Well, I for one welcome our new robot overlords.