The BHAID Aid to Turkiye & Syria Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, February 09, 2023, 12:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Whereas, the people of Turkiye and Syria have been devastated by a severe earthquake with a death toll in the tens of thousands, and

Whereas, it is in the national character of Talossans to come to the aid and support of others in their time of need, and

Whereas, the Bureau of Humanitarian Aid and International Development exists for times and needs such as these.

Therefore, the Ziu authorizes the Bureau of Humanitarian Aid and International Development to make a one-time contribution of $50 (USD) to the Syrian Civil Defence (White Helmets) to support local aid efforts.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Sen-FL)
Bråneu Excelsio (Minister, Defence)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Can I suggest an equal donation to Syrian Civil Defence, aka the "White Helmets"?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on February 09, 2023, 02:40:43 PMCan I suggest an equal donation to Syrian Civil Defence, aka the "White Helmets"?

Miestra, that is a wonderful idea!
@Bråneu Excelsio as a co-sponsor would you be OK with switching the recipient to the Syrian Civil Defence?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on February 09, 2023, 02:42:39 PM@Bråneu Excelsio as a co-sponsor would you be OK with switching the recipient to the Syrian Civil Defence?
Absolutely!

Üc R. Tärfă

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on February 09, 2023, 12:03:19 PMWhereas, the people of Turkiye

Türkiye

This is just a practical question: how a contribution to the Syrian Civil Defence (White Helmets) will be carried out? I don't see any "donate" service on their website, (nor "donation reports" by the way which is essential to be considered in any donation).
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on February 11, 2023, 05:05:22 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on February 09, 2023, 12:03:19 PMWhereas, the people of Turkiye

Türkiye

This is just a practical question: how a contribution to the Syrian Civil Defence (White Helmets) will be carried out? I don't see any "donate" service on their website, (nor "donation reports" by the way which is essential to be considered in any donation).

Here is the donation page to the White Helmets. It also includes a breakdown of how financial contributions are used. https://www.whitehelmets.org/en/
Note this campaign is hosted by the Syria Campaign though.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The link Brenéir gives is precisely the link that I use for making my personal donations

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan