A note on the CRL for the 59th Cosă

Started by Sir Lüc, October 21, 2023, 07:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

Hello, I'd like to publicly share the advice I provided to the SoS as outgoing member of the CRL. Basically -- even though none of the three positions on the Committee have been refreshed since the elections, the CRL always has an operating quorum, since:

- The position of A-X is always filled, even if by a caretaker government, and even if it wasn't, the Seneschal by default performs the duties of vacant ministries, by Lex.D.1.3;

- The Senate is never dissolved, and as such, there always is a Mençei - and even when there is no Mençei, such as right now, the longest tenured senator steps in as Acting Mençei;

- The Túischac'h is the only position that is unambiguously vacant between each Dissolution of the Cosă and the subsequent election of a new Túischac'h. There is no provision for an Acting Túischac'h either.

As such, my opinion and advice is that in no way is the ability of bills to be presented in the First Clark impeded by the current situation. @GV and @Baron Alexandreu Davinescu are the current members of the CRL, until either or both are replaced by a new Mençei and/or A-X, and until they are joined by a new Túischac'h. Bills will need both to assent in order to be included in the First Clark.

(And now I'll step down and get out of the committee room, since I'm no longer a member.)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Sir Lüc on October 21, 2023, 07:07:47 AM(And now I'll step down and get out of the committee room, since I'm no longer a member.)

Nevermind!
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă