Main Menu

Bestowment of Senatorial Medals of Honour, 2020

Started by Sir Lüc, March 31, 2020, 01:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

Presidency of the Senate

Bestowment of Senatorial Medals of Honour, 2020

Hear Ye, Hear Ye --

in my role as the Lord President of the Senate / Mençei del Senäts, it is my pleasure to announce to the citizenry the bestowment of three Senatorial Medals of Honour to the following Talossan citizens who have admirably served the Kingdom in their respective capacities over a long period of time, in accordance with Lex.F.40 and pursuant to the passage of 54RS01, 54RS02 and 54RS03 by the Senate.

Therefore,

S:r Glüc da Dhi,
having achieved high accomplishments in more than ten straight years of Talossanity; having served with distinction in both Houses of the Ziu, as Seneschal and Cabinet Minister, in provincial politics, as party leader, and as our current Secretary of State; having been instrumental in certain cultural endeavours such as the Talossan Music Top 20, and having long been a distinguished journalist and pundit; and having been an active member of our community since he was awarded citizenship, without a break;

and

S:r Éovart Davìu Grischun,
having achieved high accomplishments in more than ten straight years of Talossanity; having served with distinction in both Houses of the Ziu, as Cabinet Minister, in provincial politics, in the Chancery, and as party leader of multiple parties; for his efforts in Immigration reform; and having been instrumental in cultural endeavours such as the magazine "Stil da Vida" and numerous projects in Vuode, such as the Parish and Township naming project and its current constitution;

and

S:r Gödafrïeu Válcadác'h,
having achieved high accomplishments in almost twenty straight years of Talossanity; having served with distinction in both Houses of the Ziu, as Seneschal and Cabinet Minister, and in provincial politics; having been notable in his steadfast stewardship of national heritage as Royal Archivist, and having been involved in important cultural endeavours in the Kingdom and the Republic, such as the magazine "Oraclâ" and the book "A Nation Sundered";

are hereby awarded the Senatorial Medal of Honour for their past and ongoing meritorious and honourable services to the nation. May I be the first to congratulate @Glüc , @GV and @Eðo Grischun for their newly awarded honour.

In accordance with El Lexhatx H.18, the recipients may, in official RT affairs, affix the initials "S.H." after their name.

Lüc da Schir
Mençei del Senäts / Lord President of the Senate
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

GV

While you will not see me appending stuff to my name, do not think I am not honored by this gesture.  In my efforts at the betterment of Talossa and the best aspects of Ben's kingdom-dream, I have always known I have been 'seen' to one degree or another, and I hope this will be a way of attracting continued attention to the ancient times of the Kingdom, the memory of which must always stay alive.

It is brilliant to be so lauded along with Glüc and Edo (sp)!

GV

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Thank you Lüc

always (succesfully or unsuccesfully) trying to play it cool, but I will admit I am  excited about this, and very grateful to you and the other senators for this honour.

I am also very pleased to share this honour with GV, already a Talossan legend before reunision and now key in preserving the story that is Talossa due to his work as archivist.
And of course also very pleased to be honoured at the same time as Etho. He has made Talossa better in so many different roles since before I became a citizen. Sometimes we were staunch allies, other times we vehemently disagreed, but he has always made Talossa more colourful, he helped me find my way when I first got here and I have the greatest amount of respect for him.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Eðo Grischun

Thank you.  I said this before and I'll say it again, I'm not entirely sure I deserve this.  I really don't see myself as being in the same league as GV and Gluc.  I am grateful and humbled to not only receive this award, but just to have been considered in the first place.  Again, thank you.

The words said about me by the other recipients of this award, I think, mean more to me than the award itself.  Like I said, I see both of them as being leagues above me and I hold the highest of respect for both of them, so for them to say what they just did about me is extremely touching. 

Congratulations to GV and Gluc.  You both deserve this award for the outstanding work you both done over the years in service to our nation. 

Long Live Talossa!
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode