News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Mencei for 58th Cosa

Started by Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu, February 06, 2023, 04:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Estimats Senators

In accordance with the standing rules of the Senate, the Mençei is chosen at the beginning of each term.  It says in the absence of a Mençei, the Dean of the Senate shall conduct the election.  However, there is a sitting Mençei (me), so I believe it falls to me to conduct the election.

Thus, pursuant to Standing Rules 2.3, "The Acting Mençei shall allow for nominations to be lodged for a period of at least a week from the beginning of a term. Should a Senator receive nominations from a majority of Senators, the nomination period shall end and the Senator be considered duly elected; otherwise, a ballot shall be held using Instant Runoff Voting. Seniority shall resolve any ties that may occur during any stage of elimination."

I would like to open nominations from this date (2/6, also coinciding with the Secretary of State's certification of the election) for a period of 2 weeks (concluding 2/20) to allow our newly and re-elected colleagues an opportunity to pay their fees.  Should a Senator receive nominations from a majority of the body, that shall conclude the election immediately.  Otherwise, we shall proceed to a formal election on 2/20.  Please make your nominations in this thread.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

*switching to the tin-foil hat*

I'll nominate Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu for the seat of Lord President.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Estimats Senators,

Gentle reminder that 7 days remain for nominations for the Mencei.  At current, there is one nomination.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito