News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Fiovan bikes.

Started by Bråneu Excelsio, September 05, 2023, 08:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bråneu Excelsio

In january, I went to my nearest feminist and vegan bike/coffee shop and bought the only bike big enough for this 5'11" dude.

I bought a small bag to hang from the handlebars (seen in the pic) which broke because I put it wrong and it fell and it got entangled with the wheel and I made a mess at 5:30am. That didn't stop me from traveling 15km tho, half of them against the wind to finally arrive at school at 6:50 to my 7:10 class.

That was my first week with this bike. I changed being an Art School teacher to become a coffee shop dude. Now I do runs to buy vegan bread every wednesday morning to sell in the Coffee shop.

This bike gave my wife enough motivation to learn how to ride a bike, because her father never bothered. So it has given me a lot of happy moments in this eight months, this bike.

Do you have bikes?
I know @Audrada Roibeardet do.

What's the best and worst story about your bikes?

Iason Taiwos

Vitxalmour Conductour and I got the crazy idea to bike a local trail (The Greenway Trail in Lisbon, Ohio.) Neither of us had ridden bikes in years, but we thought it would be a fun thing to do. The trail (at the time) was like 27 miles, round trip. Somehow, we completed the entire trail, but at the point of nearly complete total exhaustion. I couldn't walk for a week afterwards. (And it was mainly my butt...the seat on the bike I rode was a torture device.) (I've definitely gained massive respect for professional riders.) Anyhow, with the Talossan Cycling Associations fantasy league being so popular, I suggested to Vitx that we attempt to ride the trail again, but this time doing it as a race. Maybe we could even get Talossans interested in betting on who would win, and film some of the action for a ForaTalossa segment. Sounded good to him. "I'll get the bikes cleaned up and ready to go." Unfortunately...the bikes were accidentally left out all winter, and had rusted and basically become unridable. So the Great Greenway Trail Race is cancelled until further notice.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

This is what I drive. It's very big, it's very bad, it seats 2 kids and a full load of groceries, we name it The Battleship. (I also have a smaller, cheap and nasty e-bike to get around by myself.)

You cannot view this attachment.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: Iason Taiwos on September 06, 2023, 04:14:04 PMVitxalmour Conductour and I got the crazy idea to bike a local trail (The Greenway Trail in Lisbon, Ohio.) Neither of us had ridden bikes in years, but we thought it would be a fun thing to do. The trail (at the time) was like 27 miles, round trip.
27 miles? Haha I'd need at least a month in advance to prepare for that, you guys are absolutely bananas it's great!!
I can only hope for the day I'd watch that video of you guys biking in the wild.

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on September 06, 2023, 05:26:55 PMThis is what I drive. It's very big, it's very bad, it seats 2 kids and a full load of groceries, we name it The Battleship. (I also have a smaller, cheap and nasty e-bike to get around by myself.)

I watched the GSD video in that site and I was more and more amazed for every perk and benefit it has designed into it.
What a great ride, I cannot imagine how it would drive with all those capabilities. I was going to compare it to a luxury car but it's more of a Battleship, you're absolutely right haha

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on September 06, 2023, 06:43:51 PMI watched the GSD video in that site and I was more and more amazed for every perk and benefit it has designed into it.
What a great ride, I cannot imagine how it would drive with all those capabilities. I was going to compare it to a luxury car but it's more of a Battleship, you're absolutely right haha

And if you think *that's*  great, the Gen 2 version is even better - a trailer hitch, a kickstand operated by a switch on the handlebars, etc. I must say the handling did take a while to get used to, and it goes through brake pads like nobody's business. But it is nearly a full replacement for a car. That's important to us.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Bråneu Excelsio

I can only think about how the mayor of my city started a big campaing about making the city accessible to everyone and proceeded to do a 1-kilometer bike lane in a city of 2.2 million cars :(

Sergio F

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on September 05, 2023, 08:29:20 PM

In january, I went to my nearest feminist and vegan bike/coffee shop and bought the only bike big enough for this 5'11" dude.

I bought a small bag to hang from the handlebars (seen in the pic) which broke because I put it wrong and it fell and it got entangled with the wheel and I made a mess at 5:30am. That didn't stop me from traveling 15km tho, half of them against the wind to finally arrive at school at 6:50 to my 7:10 class.

That was my first week with this bike. I changed being an Art School teacher to become a coffee shop dude. Now I do runs to buy vegan bread every wednesday morning to sell in the Coffee shop.

This bike gave my wife enough motivation to learn how to ride a bike, because her father never bothered. So it has given me a lot of happy moments in this eight months, this bike.

Do you have bikes?
I know @Audrada Roibeardet do.

What's the best and worst story about your bikes?

Fantastic!