News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Wittglitch Log

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, March 08, 2023, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Wittglitch Log

@Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB would you please sticky this as a catch-all thread for citizens to report glitches in Wittenberg?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

The menu icons for things like messaging and profile options don't appear when hovering over them at the top of the screen.  Possibly a theme thing.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Danihel Txechescu One thing I've noticed is I am not able to log out. Normally I would use the display box which appears when hovering over your name in the top-left. But that option is not available.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Lüc

It's all linked; I haven't investigated in depth yet, merely looked at the error console, but I assume the database has been copied over without updating certain paths, and lots of JS is broken as a result.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Danihel Txechescu

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 10, 2023, 10:47:01 AM@Danihel Txechescu One thing I've noticed is I am not able to log out. Normally I would use the display box which appears when hovering over your name in the top-left. But that option is not available.

Does it work now? I may have fixed it yesterday.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Danihel Txechescu on March 11, 2023, 10:14:43 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 10, 2023, 10:47:01 AM@Danihel Txechescu One thing I've noticed is I am not able to log out. Normally I would use the display box which appears when hovering over your name in the top-left. But that option is not available.

Does it work now? I may have fixed it yesterday.

Yes, the menus are all showing up now. Thank you.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Not a glitch on Witt, but on the wiki, the Visual Editor is broken on existing pages.  It still works on new pages.  This appears to be a known error (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:VisualEditor#Troubleshooting) but cannot be fixed without server access.

EDIT: Fixed, thank you!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@luc-troubleshooting and @Danihel Txechescu
This has been mentioned by a few others. When the darker theme was first activated it appears to present broken icons. This has not changed since that time. When creating or responding to posts the editing icons are black boxes. This is affecting the menu options as well.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Lüc

Fyi: my unexpectedly long time away from my main PC is over, so I plan to do some work on the theme in the coming days. Fixing that issue is going to be a priority, though as far as I've heard it's only been mentioned by you and Üc, so no idea what is causing this for such a small number of users.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Üc R. Tärfă

My usual browser is Chrome (both mobile and PC), I tried Edge also on both my work and personal PC but I still don't see the icons.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Lüc on April 21, 2023, 05:22:26 AMFyi: my unexpectedly long time away from my main PC is over, so I plan to do some work on the theme in the coming days. Fixing that issue is going to be a priority, though as far as I've heard it's only been mentioned by you and Üc, so no idea what is causing this for such a small number of users.

I have icons on my iPad, but not my Windows computer using Chrome.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 17, 2023, 04:15:07 PM@luc-troubleshooting and @Danihel Txechescu
This has been mentioned by a few others. When the darker theme was first activated it appears to present broken icons. This has not changed since that time. When creating or responding to posts the editing icons are black boxes. This is affecting the menu options as well.

PSA: don't tag luc-troubleshooting, it's just an account I made a while ago so I could view Wittenberg with lower privileges than my own admin account, to make sure access rules worked as intended. I never log into that account.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Lüc on April 21, 2023, 10:15:01 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on April 17, 2023, 04:15:07 PM@luc-troubleshooting and @Danihel Txechescu

PSA: don't tag luc-troubleshooting, it's just an account I made a while ago so I could view Wittenberg with lower privileges than my own admin account, to make sure access rules worked as intended. I never log into that account.

Just a heads up then. I tagged that because I've been unable to tag your primary account. Same issue with tagging Tric'hard and Üc as well. The system does not do well with tagging.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

It's the diacriticals -- you can't just type "Luc," you have to type the umlaut, as well.  Also, it works better when you are doing a reply or modifying the text; it isn't as responsive on quick reply or quick edit.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on April 21, 2023, 11:10:18 AMIt's the diacriticals -- you can't just type "Luc," you have to type the umlaut, as well.  Also, it works better when you are doing a reply or modifying the text; it isn't as responsive on quick reply or quick edit.

Tric'hard doesn't work either, Baron. Even when it appears tagged.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight