ZECLARAZIUN IMPIRTINT: l'Översteir, marqeu II

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, April 09, 2020, 06:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Dear friends of the Talossan language, please be present at the unveiling of the new Översteir, the online English-Talossan dictionary. Programmed by Talossa's official webmonkey, @Senator Lüc da Schir, it is now as fully functional as the previous model, and (importantly) it uses up-to-date spelling based on the SIGN "Provisional Rules".

Lüc adds:

QuoteThere's a little to do list,
- filtering the search on part of speech
- noun/adjective declination
- control panel for future Treisour changes / fixes
- voice synthesis (maybe?)
and there certainly are other things that may be requested (or me or Marcel couldn't think of)
but this as it stands is a fully usable replacement for old Översteir, with the new spelling to boot, which we can maintain and improve in the future
I will keep working on a beta version while the official Översteir is stable and untouched
And every time the stable Översteir is updated, I will publish the code of that version somewhere

(You know what I just thought of? Some day some real GIANT of linguistics will translate El Treisour into other languages... French? Esperanto? Quenya?)

¡Amusetz-voi ben!

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Lüc

Update: the control panel is done, so SIGN has full control of the content of the website. I'm probably going to take a breather from this project, and hopefully no bugs will pop up (in that event, I recommend using the link on the website for proper reporting).
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sir Lüc

Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Sir Lüc

Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

Small note regarding the stable (current) version.

A few weeks ago, a bug was posted on Discord about a typo in neutral (-escu) past participles for certain types of verbs. This has now been fixed.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time: