Wheel of Time

Started by Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat, March 14, 2023, 02:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

The Wheel of Time in my mind has always been punctuated with "MUD" because The Wheel of Time MUD is one of the longest running Multi-User Dungeons still in existence. I've never actually played it (I'm more a fan of Achaea myself) but that was pretty much my only exposure to the Wheel of Time series until now.

I started watching the new Wheel of Time show on Prime Video and it inspired me to read the book. Not long after I started listening to the audiobook version, I quit watching the show because it was so much better!

I just finished the audiobook for Eye of The World and it was great! The world feels large and expansive, while at the same time it is clear that the world the characters actually experience is very narrow; there are rumors that change in detail depending on who's telling it. There are mysteries just hinted at, that may or may not be explored in later books. Even the influence of the queen only goes so far in her own queendom because it is so vast.

All-in-all I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm sad that it's taken me so long to enjoy this classic!

Has anyone else read any of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan?
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa