The Second Talossan Government Transparency Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, March 13, 2023, 02:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 15, 2023, 08:32:52 PM
Quote8.9 Automated Governmental Information Dissemination

I personally don't like the word dissemination. The records according with this law are archived and disclosed, they are not disseminated.

Quote8.9.1 The Government of the Kingdom of Talossa will have a duty of transparency to the people of the nation, so that citizens may hold their elected officials accountable.

This section shall be removed altogether. The first part is a repetition of the head section (§ D.8 ) and doesn't need to be reiterated.
(Moreover: the Gov has, not will have; this bill does nothing to hold the elected accountable as the records are released 10 years later.)

Quote8.9.2 All internal (non-public and non-confidential) government communications placed or transmitted on Government-owned fora shall be released to the Royal Archives no later than 10 (ten) years after the conclusion of that Government's term of office.

Internal and non-public is a repetition.

Non-confidential is problematic: defined by who? How? With which limits? And after 10 years who can choose If they still are confidential? If that part is not addressed the whole bill is potentially meaningless.

Quote8.9.3 This dissemination scheme shall begin with the internal (non-public and non-confidential) government records of the Tzaracomprada Administration (58th Cosa Government).

We don't use Administration but Cabinet. And it's better in the law to don't not make reference to names or the name of the Seneschal. Use 58th Cosa only.

I thank you for your comments, Üc.

Dissemination has been changed to transmittal.

The point is not accountability but transparency and historical record-keeping. Elections and active and mature opposition hold governments to account.

Confidential as defined by compliance with the privacy law.

Ok sure, let's use cabinet in place of administration. :)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 15, 2023, 09:03:09 PMConfidential as defined by compliance with the privacy law.

Then I suggest to specify the sections - § D.8.2, D.8.3, D.8.4 -  rather than using "confidential".

That word is used only once in the Lexh (§ H.2.5) in the meaning of the Government actively deciding that some informations must be considered confidential and withheld at Terps («and/or any project(s), correspondence, or activities, in which the Government has deemed, and classified as confidential, or which in its release may damage the Kingdom in any shape or form.»), but I get from your reply that this is not what you are looking for.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 16, 2023, 01:08:06 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 15, 2023, 09:03:09 PMConfidential as defined by compliance with the privacy law.

Then I suggest to specify the sections - § D.8.2, D.8.3, D.8.4 -  rather than using "confidential".

That word is used only once in the Lexh (§ H.2.5) in the meaning of the Government actively deciding that some informations must be considered confidential and withheld at Terps («and/or any project(s), correspondence, or activities, in which the Government has deemed, and classified as confidential, or which in its release may damage the Kingdom in any shape or form.»), but I get from your reply that this is not what you are looking for.

That is reasonable. I will specify the provisions rather than using the term confidential. Thanks Üc.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

I saw your post on CRL.

I must say that you can't move the bill to Committee until the 23rd.

Plus: I'd suggest to split the second subsection in 2:

8.9.3  No communications containing protected information covered by sections D.8.2, D.8.3, and D.8.4 shall be included in the transmittals.

And that part you should better put it in the FURTHERMORE as section of the Act and not in the Lexhatx:

---

BE IT ENACTED by King, Cosa and Sënats in Ziu assembled that:

1. a new subsection is added to El Lexhatx D.8 to read as follows:

Quote8.9 Automated Government Comunication Transmittal

8.9.1 All internal government communications placed or transmitted on Government-owned fora shall be released to the Royal Archives no later than 10 (ten) years after the conclusion of that Government's term of office.

8.9.2  No communications containing protected information covered by El Lexhatx sections D. 8.2, D. 8.3, and D. 8.4 shall be included in the transmittals.

2. the transmittal scheme shall begin with the internal government records of the Tzaracomprada Cabinet (58th Cosa).

---
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 20, 2023, 09:33:41 PMI saw your post on CRL.

I must say that you can't move the bill to Committee until the 23rd.

Plus: I'd suggest to split the second subsection in 2:

8.9.3  No communications containing protected information covered by sections D.8.2, D.8.3, and D.8.4 shall be included in the transmittals.

And that part you should better put it in the FURTHERMORE as section of the Act and not in the Lexhatx:

---

BE IT ENACTED by King, Cosa and Sënats in Ziu assembled that:

1. a new subsection is added to El Lexhatx D.8 to read as follows:

Quote8.9 Automated Government Comunication Transmittal

8.9.1 All internal government communications placed or transmitted on Government-owned fora shall be released to the Royal Archives no later than 10 (ten) years after the conclusion of that Government's term of office.

8.9.2  No communications containing protected information covered by El Lexhatx sections D. 8.2, D. 8.3, and D. 8.4 shall be included in the transmittals.

2. the transmittal scheme shall begin with the internal government records of the Tzaracomprada Cabinet (58th Cosa).

---

Glad you saw that. Good suggestion on the split. I'll edit my post in the CRL.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ