[TERPELAZIUN] Seneschal - (2023/03/14)

Started by Üc R. Tärfă, March 14, 2023, 06:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Üc R. Tärfă

Estimat Túischac'h, me alçéu à terpelar el trei-þon. Seneschal.

Considering that because of bank and website security the process of transferring access to the accounts of the Fisc Rexhital to the newly appointed Burgermeister of Inland Revenue is still ongoing and as of today, to quote the Ministreu dal Finançù own words, «the current Burgermeister does not yet have access to Paypal» and «it does not appear likely that the matter will be remedied before this bill is submitted. More information will be provided as it becomes available, but the financial report will be incomplete.»;
does the Seneschal agree with me that:
  • the possible failure to deliver a Financial Report in compliance with the law, which is a required part of the Budget and Financial Planning Bill, is also a consequence of the unmotivated rush of this Government to appoint the new Burgermeister, like others officers, immediately after having been sworn in;
  • it would have been better and more logical to ask the outgoing Burgermeister to prepare the Financial Report and only after it had been delivered to appoint a new officer?

Méirci, smestéu el tarleu.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 14, 2023, 06:41:02 PMEstimat Túischac'h, me alçéu à terpelar el trei-þon. Seneschal.

Considering that because of bank and website security the process of transferring access to the accounts of the Fisc Rexhital to the newly appointed Burgermeister of Inland Revenue is still ongoing and as of today, to quote the Ministreu dal Finançù own words, «the current Burgermeister does not yet have access to Paypal» and «it does not appear likely that the matter will be remedied before this bill is submitted. More information will be provided as it becomes available, but the financial report will be incomplete.»;
does the Seneschal agree with me that:
  • the possible failure to deliver a Financial Report in compliance with the law, which is a required part of the Budget and Financial Planning Bill, is also a consequence of the unmotivated rush of this Government to appoint the new Burgermeister, like others officers, immediately after having been sworn in;
  • it would have been better and more logical to ask the outgoing Burgermeister to prepare the Financial Report and only after it had been delivered to appoint a new officer?

Estimat Túischac'h,

There is no danger of delay for the financial report or budget bill. And I authorized and supported the Ministreu dal Finançù's moving as quickly as possible to relieve the Chancery of another task delegated to it by the previous Government.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

Estimat Túischac'h,

I'll thank el trei-þon. Seneschal, but I cannot declare myself satisfied with his answer. In my second question, I was asking whether it would have been better and more logical to ask the outgoing Burgermeister to prepare the Financial Report and only after it had been delivered to appoint a new officer and not if he authorized and supported el Ministreu dal Finançù.

In light of this, S:reu Túischac'h, I would like to add follow-up questions:

1) Can the Seneschal tell us if in his opinion it would have been better and more logical or not to ask the outgoing Burgermeister to prepare the Financial Report and only after it had been delivered, to appoint a new officer?

2) As the Seneschal just said « I authorized and supported the Ministreu dal Finançù's moving as quickly as possible», can he therefore confirm to this House that was the Ministreu dal Finançù's idea to proceed immediately with the appointment of the new Burgermeister?

Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 20, 2023, 04:19:37 PMEstimat Túischac'h,

I'll thank el trei-þon. Seneschal, but I cannot declare myself satisfied with his answer. In my second question, I was asking whether it would have been better and more logical to ask the outgoing Burgermeister to prepare the Financial Report and only after it had been delivered to appoint a new officer and not if he authorized and supported el Ministreu dal Finançù.

In light of this, S:reu Túischac'h, I would like to add follow-up questions:

1) Can the Seneschal tell us if in his opinion it would have been better and more logical or not to ask the outgoing Burgermeister to prepare the Financial Report and only after it had been delivered, to appoint a new officer?

2) As the Seneschal just said « I authorized and supported the Ministreu dal Finançù's moving as quickly as possible», can he therefore confirm to this House that was the Ministreu dal Finançù's idea to proceed immediately with the appointment of the new Burgermeister?

The answer to both questions is No.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

Estimat Túischac'h,

very brief answers from el trei-þon. Seneschal, very brief follow-up questions from me.

Can the Seneschal tell the House:
On (1) above, why not?
On (2) above, if that was his own idea?

Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 20, 2023, 10:20:29 PMEstimat Túischac'h,

very brief answers from el trei-þon. Seneschal, very brief follow-up questions from me.

Can the Seneschal tell the House:
On (1) above, why not?
On (2) above, if that was his own idea?

1. No
2. Yes

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

Estimat Túischac'h,

I'm a bit confused here

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 20, 2023, 10:20:29 PMCan the Seneschal tell the House:
On (1) above, why not?

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 20, 2023, 10:37:23 PM1. No

Is the Seneschal telling us

- that he will not tell the House «why not?» because he doesn't want to answer the Terpelaziun; or

- that he cannot tell the House «why not?» because he doesn't know the answer himself?

Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 21, 2023, 04:29:16 AMEstimat Túischac'h,

I'm a bit confused here

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 20, 2023, 10:20:29 PMCan the Seneschal tell the House:
On (1) above, why not?

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 20, 2023, 10:37:23 PM1. No

Is the Seneschal telling us

- that he will not tell the House «why not?» because he doesn't want to answer the Terpelaziun; or

- that he cannot tell the House «why not?» because he doesn't know the answer himself?

Neither of these is accurate. I do not speculate on hypotheticals. You are free to repeat your question ad infinitum but my answer will be the same.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

Estimat Túischac'h,

the Seneschal is wrong: I didn't "repeat ad infinitum" the same question, I asked three different questions.

The first time I rose to ask him

Quotedoes the Seneschal agree with me that [...] it would have been better and more logical to ask the outgoing Burgermeister to prepare the Financial Report and only after it had been delivered to appoint a new officer?

To that question he didn't answer.

The second time I rose to ask him

QuoteCan the Seneschal tell us if in his opinion it would have been better and more logical or not to ask the outgoing Burgermeister to prepare the Financial Report and only after it had been delivered, to appoint a new officer?

To that question, he just said "No". Which I believe it means "No, I don't think it would have been better"

The third time I rose to ask him

QuoteCan the Seneschal tell the House on (1) above, why not?

I asked him why he thinks it wouldn't have been better. To that question he said "No". I might not be a native english speaker, but I doubt that "No" is an answer to "why".

So, S:reu Túischac'h, I'll try to reword again the question to the Seneschal because so far I didn't get from him a reply. I hope that this would be my last follow-up question on this Terp line (but I can't promise it will be my last action on the matter).

Can the Seneschal explain to this House the reasons why he thinks it wouldn't have been better and more logical, for the sake of getting the Report completed in the shortest possible time as he was the Burgermeister that made the disbursments and received the revenues and he had fast and simple acess to the banking accounts, to ask the outgoing Burgermeister to prepare the Financial Report and only after it had been delivered, to appoint a new officer?

Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 21, 2023, 08:47:38 AMEstimat Túischac'h,

the Seneschal is wrong: I didn't "repeat ad infinitum" the same question, I asked three different questions.

The first time I rose to ask him

Quotedoes the Seneschal agree with me that [...] it would have been better and more logical to ask the outgoing Burgermeister to prepare the Financial Report and only after it had been delivered to appoint a new officer?

To that question he didn't answer.

The second time I rose to ask him

QuoteCan the Seneschal tell us if in his opinion it would have been better and more logical or not to ask the outgoing Burgermeister to prepare the Financial Report and only after it had been delivered, to appoint a new officer?

To that question, he just said "No". Which I believe it means "No, I don't think it would have been better"

The third time I rose to ask him

QuoteCan the Seneschal tell the House on (1) above, why not?

I asked him why he thinks it wouldn't have been better. To that question he said "No". I might not be a native english speaker, but I doubt that "No" is an answer to "why".

So, S:reu Túischac'h, I'll try to reword again the question to the Seneschal because so far I didn't get from him a reply. I hope that this would be my last follow-up question on this Terp line (but not on the matter).

Can the Seneschal explain to this House the reasons why he thinks it wouldn't have been better and more logical to ask the outgoing Burgermeister to prepare the Financial Report and only after it had been delivered, to appoint a new officer?

Repeating my answer. No, I will not speculate on hypotheticals.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

Estimat Túischac'h,

I fear it will be hard work to get meaningful answers from the Seneschal if he considers articulating his reasons, explaining why he answered 'no', as speculating on hypotheticals.

I would like to remind el trei-þon. Seneschal that among his duties is to answer Terps, not to decide what he thinks is worth answering or not.

Despite his reticence to respond, however, we learnt something: 48 hours ago the Seneschal said to the Cosă, and I quote, «There is no danger of delay for the financial report». Less than 10 hours ago, on the other hand, his Ministreu dal Finançù said, and I quote, «I am going to separate the financial bill and the budget.  So this bill will just be the budget bill».

I now understand his reticence in answering: he was evidently afraid that his answers might be contradicted by his very own Ministreu! Again!

I now consider this line of Terp concluded: unsatisfied, but concluded.

Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 21, 2023, 06:00:03 PMEstimat Túischac'h,

I fear it will be hard work to get meaningful answers from the Seneschal if he considers articulating his reasons, explaining why he answered 'no', as speculating on hypotheticals.

I would like to remind el trei-þon. Seneschal that among his duties is to answer Terps, not to decide what he thinks is worth answering or not.

Despite his reticence to respond, however, we learnt something: 48 hours ago the Seneschal said to the Cosă, and I quote, «There is no danger of delay for the financial report». Less than 10 hours ago, on the other hand, his Ministreu dal Finançù said, and I quote, «I am going to separate the financial bill and the budget.  So this bill will just be the budget bill».

I now understand his reticence in answering: he was evidently afraid that his answers might be contradicted by his very own Ministreu! Again!

I now consider this line of Terp concluded: unsatisfied, but concluded.

I thank the MC for understanding that his effort to get the answer he WANTED would continue to frustrate him no matter how many times he reworded the same question. And am happy this unproductive line of questioning has indeed concluded. Until next time, MC.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

Estimat Túischac'h,

I would like to give to the Seneschal an example of an answer that I would have WANTED to have  "no I don't think it would have been better because I don't think it would have changed anything in practical terms". This is an answer.

I'm glad he has now found again his ability to articulate words!

Point of order S:reu Túischac'h
@luc-troubleshooting.

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 21, 2023, 06:02:15 PMI thank the MC for understanding that his effort to get the answer he WANTED would continue to frustrate him no matter how many times he reworded the same question. And am happy this unproductive line of questioning has indeed concluded. Until next time, MC.

Is the Seneschal admitting that he deliberately didn't give answers to a Terpelaziun?

Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 21, 2023, 06:21:21 PMEstimat Túischac'h,

I would like to give to the Seneschal an example of an answer that I would have WANTED to have  "no I don't think it would have been better because I don't think it would have changed anything in practical terms". This is an answer.

I'm glad he has now found again his ability to articulate words!

Point of order S:reu Túischac'h
@luc-troubleshooting.

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on March 21, 2023, 06:02:15 PMI thank the MC for understanding that his effort to get the answer he WANTED would continue to frustrate him no matter how many times he reworded the same question. And am happy this unproductive line of questioning has indeed concluded. Until next time, MC.

Is the Seneschal admitting that he deliberately didn't give answers to a Terpelaziun?

No is an answer. I am saying that my answer would not have changed as you were asking the same question.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Üc R. Tärfă

Estimat Túischac'h,
if I may, the Seneschal is under the wrong impression that changing words in a question doesn't change the question itself, which is not true.

I decided to conclude the Terp not because - as he said - I was "frustrated" by him but because meanwhile the Ministreu dal Finançù announced something that openly contradicted the Seneschal's previous statement so I felt that situation in a way was satisfying to me and I didn't want to be forced to conclude that the Seneschal was refusing to answer. I did that mostly out of a concern for him.

Than the Seneschal made - maybe out of his frustration - a comment - that could be considered unparliamentary, but I'm willing to overlook it - and in that comment he also said "his effort to get the answer he WANTED would continue to frustrate him no matter how many times he reworded the same question". I raised a Point of Order to have the Seneschal reminded that all that the Membreux WANT is an answer to their Terpelaziuns: it doesn't matter how he perceives a question, as long as that question is lawful and the "operative" part of the question is different ("do you think" and "why you think not" are different) he has to reply, even briefly, and not to decide which answer is worth of reply and which is not.

As I raised a point of order, I know sit and cease to engage on this.
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ