News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

[Scriuerïă] Legeu Orgänic text review.

Started by Üc R. Tärfă, March 20, 2023, 03:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Üc R. Tärfă

I completed a full review of the text of our Legeu Orgänic.

After 53RZ18 came into force, 12 amendments were passed that made changes to the text. (You can find them here).

After a double check, I had to make two changes to the numbering of the sections:

1)
The sections following Org.IV.7 in compliance with 54RZ23 § 2 should have been renumbered, but they weren't (Section 8 of Article IV of the Organic Law, which concerns warrants of prorogation, is repealed in whole and the subsequent sections of the same Article are accordingly renumbered.). I have correctly renumbered them now as there is no conflict with subsequent amendments, with the only exception that 56RZ10 expressly gives the added section the number 12, thus creating de facto a "non existing" empty section 11 that never existed.

2)
The previous renumbering of the sections following Org.VII.5 has been REVERSED as 56RZ9 only provided for the deletion of former Section 6 but not for the renumbering of the following sections. So there's now an empty Section 6.

I have added a temporary Scribe Note box to report changes. They will stay there for a while to make sure everyone can get the information in case they have a different text, before being removed.

I also added those as a footnote (with other useful informations), and I have transferred indications of amending laws into footnotes so that they are not intrusive, and we don't run the risk due to 'copy and paste' in the preparation of laws of turning previous brackets into part of the text. Sometimes this has unfortunately happened, and I have highlighted in yellow those brackets that have been introduced as text by law and therefore can now only be removed by amendment.

I suggest to do this only in the 6th Clark to not create conflicts with legislative proposals that might be hoppered.

I'll hopper just a "placeholder" bill carefully worded.

Any references in the Lexhatx to the Legeu Orgänic that might turn out to be wrong as a result of the review are not a 'big problem' because Lexh already has wrong references that need to be corrected. I am already working on a review of the code (much more complex) and a technical draft law for its maintenance.
More info on that here.

Moreover, old wiki template {{Org|#|#}} is now working again. One of the changes that will be implemented is to add non-intrusive references (footnotes) in the lexhatx which directly links to the relevant organic article/section. I made a template for Lexh too but I won't add anchor link until the review will be completed.

Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)

Üc R. Tärfă

Quote from: Üc R. Tärfâ on March 20, 2023, 03:36:33 PMI suggest to do this only in the 6th Clark to not create conflicts with legislative proposals that might be hoppered.

I'll hopper just a "placeholder" bill carefully worded.

Now I put my Membreu dal Cosă hat on.

One of the vehicle could be my proposal that was already intended to be a "make up" amendment without any substantial change to how the Organic Law functions.

I'll update that proposal with the small change I made in the review.

I'm still waiting for comments on that by the way  :)
Üc Rêntz'ëfiglheu Tärfâ
Membreu dal Cosă | Distain Grefieir d'Abbavilla
FREEDEMS President | Presedint dels Democrätici Livereschti
Keys to the Kingdom (Cézembre), Stalwart of the Four Stars (Fiovă)